Burgman 400

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
eric1789uk
Current Ride: an 400 L1

Re: Burgman 400

Post by eric1789uk »

Ocould it be the fuel filter?.. and hello, hope its not a costly fix.
My other bikes have pedals
I've been ugly bunched

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi!
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

susan
Current Ride: Burgman 400Y

Post by susan »

Hi still haven't got my Burgman back, mechanic scratching his head over it. They haven't come across my problem before and with out a complete new parts all over they have no idea what to do next. So still waiting.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

susan wrote:Hi still haven't got my Burgman back, mechanic scratching his head over it. They haven't come across my problem before and with out a complete new parts all over they have no idea what to do next. So still waiting.

susan, if i remember some other muppet was having this type of problem with a transmission belt, his was when he changed his belt, was advised to put back on the old belt after a while as comparison and his scoot would not loose power, so he ordered a new suzuzi oem belt and been fine since..
so it could be your well used tranny belt has worn .. low width wise and teeth wise when the scoot is running and you wanting more.. the engine will wont to but the tranny wont be able to, seems daft, but worth checking the belt width and the teeth to see if its gone past the minimum...
A new V-belt width for the 2007 and later 400 Burgmans is 25.1 mm (0.99 inches), and the minimum width is 24.1 mm (0.95 inches)

worth the mechanic to check and blow out the dust while they are in there :D

also the belt , i think needs looking at at 15000 miles and i think the belt replacement schedule is 17000 miles :idea: :?: so do you know if ever changed :?:
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.