New

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Bryan witt

Re: New

Post by Bryan witt »

Ferret wrote:Hello Brian welcome from a fellow srv850 owner ,if you have any questions please feel free to ask as had mine 30 months now and have most of the issues lol .Dont panic as its never let me down yet .
Hi Ferret have you made any mods on the the bike over the 30 month of ownership that have made a different overall.
To the ride, what part of the country are you in .
Brya

BikeMike

Post by BikeMike »

Welcome Bryan.

I'd never heard of the SRV 850 - just looked it up, nice!

Wish it had been around 5 years ago, would have stopped me buying the Mana that um, disagreed with me somewhat! Nothing wrong with a Mana btw, unless of course I'm sitting on it!

Enjoy your ride!

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Bryan i am in norfolk ,the mods i have are a taller screen and heated grips for overall comfort . I have an arrow exhaust ( will be replaced with my own next year ) combined with a RAM AIR filter (pod type so air box removed ) allowing for future fitment of heater vent as per sym .I also have a magnum fuel controller for optermization of AFR fuel map topped off with 17gramme dr pulley rollers and sliding pieces to give better acceleration without loosing top end .I use EBCHH pads which greatly improved stopping distances with a slight loss of feel .I also use any other tyres over the original pirelli diablos which were useless in wet conditions and wore out very quickly ( prefer michelin power pure sc`s ). These have all improved the overall riding experience for me and allowed me to use the srv as i would any bike in all weathers and even track days .Bryan is yours an abs /atc model ? if not let me know year of manufacture as there was a few bulletins about various parts and issues worth checking which will put any doubts at rest .Bryan i dont see many either as usually they are behind me lol .

Bryan witt

Post by Bryan witt »

Hi Ferret bikes is on a 13 plate but no ABS JUST HAD IT SERVICES A FEW WEEKS AGO WITT 4000 KM ON THE CLOCK, just be out on it today been park up for a few hours and still smell petrol. ???

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Hi and welcome to the icon_muppets.png I am just down the road from you ,
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Ok here goes yours is a 2012 registered 13 . If you have brimmed it, she will overflow this combined with various routing of pipes ( depended on what time of the day lol ) can leave fuel sitting in the overflow which stinks until it evaporates . If you have any pressure at the fuel cap this also tends to push vapours out through the breathers . They changed the cap on mine as it appears there are no vent holes , the difference is they have removed the rubber cap green gasket seal . This cured the problem . Next

Bryan witt

Re: Petrol cap

Post by Bryan witt »

Ok will have a look and remove the green seal .
Bryan

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.