Hello

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Dotslad
Current Ride: burgman 650 exec

Hello

Post by Dotslad »

Hi to all on the forum
After a 10 year break from motorcycling I decided to get back in the saddle and have just bought a Burgman 650 executive which up to now I haven't ridden hope to be on the road next week (weather permitting)
Joined the forum to meet like minded people and to go on ride outs I am located in Harrow Middlesex and if anybody on the forum lives close by please get in touch.
I have only been back riding for 2 months and have 3 bikes now (1 to many Triumph sadly has to go) :( bikes are :-
1959 Triumph 5ta. 2002 Yamaha Drag star 650. 2012 Suzuki Burgman Executive
best regards to all
Ian

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Re: Hello

Post by rjc1944 »

Welcome Ian - a good comfy bike you've got there, albeit distinctly lardy! You'll enjoy this forum, it's a friendly bunch of Muppets!
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Oy less of trhe Lardy!

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Ian and welcome. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
The big Burger is a great scoot. icon_thumbs_up.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

frankiej1949
Benefactor

Post by frankiej1949 »

Hello and welcome to a fellow burgman owner, you will enjoy it and they are not so lardy just the bench mark for all maxi scoots :D

Gerard C
Benefactor

Post by Gerard C »

A good point and well made Frank. I think a great Man, (Me), said something similar! Ha Ha.

rjc1944

Post by rjc1944 »

I absolutely loved the 650 Burger I had as a long-term loan a few years back, when my ZRX 1200 was in for accident repairs. Tended to leave it in "sport" mode permanently. I tried to negotiate a swap for the scoot but it was their nearly-new demo model and I couldn't afford the price to change. Smashing ride but - especially compared to the T-Max - I stand by the "lardy" comment! They are seriously heavy! I struggled to get the scoot into my garage at the time, let alone now.

rjc1944

Post by rjc1944 »

Sorry Meldrew - I meant "Power". Memories are made of fish..........

Gerard C
Benefactor

Post by Gerard C »

I agree Mr Meldrew. The Automatic mode is so good that unless you do get a bored there's little point in mucking about with manual although some swear by it on long descents into madness at which point you buy a Silverwing.

I find the power button very useful for those occasions when a little extra Oomph is needed. It does make a difference,

The thing that never seems to be mentioned though is that Suzuki listened to their customers and re vamped the bike to solve those issues. Whilst I would go back to the previous model over any other Scoot I would still have to say that the new 650 model solves the weight and manoeuvrability issues. Making it soooo good, well at least for me. I do accept though that others have differing opinions - wrong as they may be. Hang abart, I think I am going on like its Spaceprobes Sym!

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

welcome ian never rode one but from all the grinning owners on muppets im sure you will be grinning as well, enjoy lad
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.