Which one

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Which one

Post by dogwheel »

Hi Folks,
Don't choke from laughter:-

I'm 73 and after a lifetime (57yrs) of big bikes, think I've seen the light!
Currently I have a couple of "classic" Brit 500 singles,( I'll have to sell one of those) a Honda CB250RS and a Yamaha TTR250, what I don't have ,since I sold my beloved but top-heavy Transalp, is a bike for Travelling on, M-way capable, comfortable and with Electric start.
I think I want a big, lateish, scooter, Honda Silverwing 600, or a big (400 or 650??)Burgman.

Please advise me, I am leaning towards the Honda but will listen to advice.

I'm 6ft 2, 85Kg, and live in Worcestershire.

Cheers.
Robin.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Which one

Post by poldark »

Depending on local dealer options you may want to add Sym 400/600 option too.

Only way to decide is at least sit on but ideally ride SWing and Burger most people have clear favourite, but fairly even split between them. Although on paper very similar they are different in how they feel & ride.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

I've ridden the 650 Burgman on long-term loan and owned a 400 version and a Silverwing in the past. My two-pennorth - get neither, the T-Max is better. It's more stable, sounds great, brakes are fabulous and it's comfy and reasonably economical. More than all that, it's pure fun to ride. Not as much underseat storage as the other two but it's still miles better than you're used to.
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by dogwheel »

Thanks Guys, I think I'd best find a T-Max and have a good look at it's cargo space, I can certainly understand why it should be such a good handling/going/stopping scoot. I'm a bit confused about Kymco specs, so again , more research needed. I've been warned that the 400 Burg is a bit of a b*gger to wheel around the garage due to a very draggy transmission.
Robin.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Robin and welcome. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

phil y
Current Ride: Burgman 400 + van van

Post by phil y »

Welcome Robin. I have a burgman 400 ZL3 and it is a bit of a bugger to wheel into the garage but other than that it's great

Phil

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

Well I am bound to say you can't go wrong with the Maxsym I have had the 400 before movingl to the 600. Both are great the 600 being outstanding in my humble view and very up to date
Maximum respect

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Welcome

I think the 650 burger is the one with the draggy transmission, the 400 is far easier to manage but certainly not a light-weight. The 400 was changed in 2007 and the later ones are a better machine.

The Silverwing feels a fair bit smaller and has less bodywork so it feels to me like you sit on it, rather than in it like the burgers - depends on your preference.

The Tmax feels more exposed but has the sporty styling.

All good machines, I like my 400 burger because I can sit on it all day long and still feel fresh

If you can get a long to a meet up/ride out you can compare them side by side and somebody might offer a swap for a few miles :)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services