New to Maxi Muppets

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
micktus

New to Maxi Muppets

Post by micktus »

Hi there. Have just bought myself a Burgman AM 400, year 2000 but only done 8,000 miles and in beautiful condition. I collect it next week. I am trying to find an Owners or Service Manual online but without success. Can anybody advise me where I can find one? Also any advice or tips on the machine, such as any specific checks I should make when I get it etc would be most welcome. Doyou have regional clubs or sections where you meet and ride out together? Look forward to hearing from anybody!!

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Re: New to Maxi Muppets

Post by kishan »

welcome :)
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

phil y
Current Ride: Burgman 400 + van van

Post by phil y »

Hello and welcome

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

welcome lad .. national meet is the 6/6 at duxford
2002 service manual here (same as the 2000 year) http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/index.php? ... 9&lang=ENG

there`s lots of visual checks like brake pads etc, and have a tootle ride to listen to the scoot/ check brakes etc, check the oil level etc , remember if it aint broke dont fix it :) just tinker ;)
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

PJT
Current Ride: 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 Execut

Post by PJT »

Hello Micktus. May I wish you a very warm welcome to the forum.
I rather be out riding.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi micktus and welcome. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

Hi Micktus welcome depends on where you are from on how many rides out on

micktus

Post by micktus »

Just got back off hols so only just picked these up! Thanks guys for the welcome and any tips. Does anyone know of a local Burgman club that meets in my area - Wiltshire? Thanks

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Hi Micktus and welcome to the World of Maxi Muppets!

If you are interested in meeting with other enthusiast then I would suggest you keep looking in the Rideout section and go along when something suits you. Alternatively you could always set something up yourself. Trust me if someone takes the initiative someone else will come forward. Sadly you just missed the National meet which was very well attended.
You may also be interested in looking at Burgman Riders USA who have a UK section with a facebook page.

I would suggest that as our numbers are relatively small that you don't restrict yourself to Burgmans. Some traditional scooter clubs will welcome any rider of any Marque.

Regards Gerard

Best of look and hope to see you at a meeting

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I'm in Salisbury.

I don't know of any Burgman-specific groups but there are motorcycle clubs which seem maxi-friendly.
I rode down for the weekly Southampton Bike Night last Thursday, more for the journey than the event although interest was shown in my Silverwing.
I shall go regularly - it happens every week from now through summer and autumn.

The X9OC has an annual West Country Rideout (2nd July this year) to which all maxiscooterists are welcome. There won't be many X9s there but plenty of Silverwings, Burgers et al. I think Motzza's planning to come down from Essex and a couple of X9ers are coming from the North West. There will be a dozen or so of us.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch