Hello

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Hello

Post by bikerdezzie »

Did my bike test in 99, CBT then 5 lessons and full bike test all for 200 quid! I used to work at the Council then and they did the bike tests from the council car park!
Dezzie

Steve J
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Steve J »

I'm kicking myself for not having done the test years ago. £100.00p for CBT, £25.00p for Theory test, £650.00p for 4 days training and Mod 1 and 2 tests, now looking at another £130.00p for re-test and use of bike for test. Plus that's without any more training in the meantime. Earliest available test is in 4 weeks, but training school is keeping their eyes open for a cancellation. Trying to keep smiling...
Steve.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Geez if i had to do that now i would'nt bother and do the 125 thing every 2 years, silly money that!
Dezzie

eric1789uk
Current Ride: an 400 L1

Post by eric1789uk »

Hi steve, I'm a 60 yr old burgerman from Donny. Love it
My other bikes have pedals
I've been ugly bunched

mcdcfc3

Post by mcdcfc3 »

Sorry to hear your news Steve. I passed at the second try. The waiting time is frustrating. If you go online you should be able to look for a cancellation. I did and got one for the next day. It's a 7 to 8 week wait here at the moment

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Steve J

Post by Steve J »

Hello eric1789uk. I'm hoping to get a Burgman 400 when I get through the test.
I agree, mcdcfc3, the waiting time is very frustrating. (along with the expense, lol).
Training school is looking out for a cancellation, but can't re-take it before 9th Sept.
Onwards and upwards...
Steve

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

We got Gloria through the test quickly by being willing to go to Scunthorpe!

They are a test centre with plenty of vacancies. Gloria failed her Mod 1 in very wet weather in Wakefield and was given some date in the far future, (Robots ruled the World). A Web search revealed that Scunthorpe had space so off we went she took Mod 1 and 2 within the minimum time between and passed!

She was able to do it because she could use Richards 400 for the test - which I rode over to Scunthorpe. She rode over on her Burgman 125. Although she could of course have gone on the pillion.

It only cost us the test fees. She was able to get insurance as a learner and it worked very well. We intend to do the same again moving up to the 650. In honesty the Mod 2 is the same no matter what your riding and it is just getting used to the bulk of a bigger Scoot for the Mod 1 that we practiced on my Industrial Estate.

Steve J

Post by Steve J »

Hello Gerard C.
Thanks for the info about Scunthorpe. I have already got the re-test booked for next month, but if this one goes pear-shaped, I will certainly check Scunthorpe out.
Thanks again.
Steve.

Steve J

Post by Steve J »

To update this post again...I managed to get a cancellation for the Mod 2 test today, and passed with only 1 minor. So now got full 'A' licence. Best feeling in the world when I took the L plates off the scooter.
Just got to convince the wife that I 'really need a Burgman 400 now'...lol.
Expensive, but worth it in the end!
Steve

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Sorted!
Congratulations...