About to buy Burgman 400

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Branislav

About to buy Burgman 400

Post by Branislav »

Hello Guys!

I'm new to this forum, in fact new to bikes or scooters. Yet I'm about to buy a Burgman 400 and I wonder if I could get some advice?

I have the 400 on offer and just don't know what problems I can expect or what I should check when buying. It's the 2004 model, in use since 2004. Current owner says he's had it for 2 years and haven't been using that much but the previous owner made a general overhaul and the bike is mechanically in a very good shape. It has done 20.000 miles or at least that's what they say. I've read you should change oil and the filter when buying an older one and that oil needs to be checked regularly as it needs refilling but that's about as much as I know.

Would you please give me some more information as to what other things should I consider or know in advance? Thanks a lot!

Branislav

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Re: About to buy Burgman 400

Post by kishan »

welcome :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Just a thought Branislav. New to Bikes and Scooters? Do you have the appropriate license? Assuming you do, the Burgman is a great Bike and the 400 is favoured by many. If it was me I would have it checked over by someone who maybe knows a bit more than you. If there isn't any one with that experience get it looked over by a local mechanic and pay for it. Changing filters and consumables is a good idea. When I buy a second hand bike my first step is exactly that. Nothing really bad has occurred so far.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

yes, at 12 years old I'd allow a couple of hundred quid into your budget for a full service.Check tyres, you really could do with someone who knows about scoots giving it a once over, as there could be some wear and tear under that shiney bodywork. The burgman is a great scoot and it will be worth while in the end. ;)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Branislav

Post by Branislav »

Thanks a lot guys!