Another new member in West Sussex

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
toddyboy

Another new member in West Sussex

Post by toddyboy »

Just joined.
I'm a 400 Burgmann fan, on my second one now and absolutely love it.
I've been a biker since the 70's. Owned and ridden more bikes than I care to mention but I only converted to scoots in the past couple of years. Bought an old red '99 400AN Burgmann a coupla years back from a chap who'd owned it from new and had only used it to go down the fish 'n chip shop for FIFTEEN YEARS! so it only had 4,000 miles on it. Ran that for a year or so till the transmission started rattling then another one came up for sale on Gumtree, a nice metallic blue one, so I bought that. Pretty much the same deal - 4,000 on the clock and in really nice condition.
I've since done several mods to this bike.
• New tyres
• New brake pads
• New CV belt
• Oxford Intelligent Heated grips
• Toucano-Urbano skirt & handlebar muffs
• Zenon bright white headlight and dip beam bulb
• Raised riders backrest modification
• 12v dashboard mounted waterproof cigar lighter/charger
• iPhone/SatNav adjustable grip mount on dashboard
With its punchy little 400cc single water cooled engine and fairly slim bodywork it’s perfect for nipping in and out of traffic and quick overtaking. With an unbelievable top speed of just over 100mph it’s capable of long distance motorway riding and can easily maintain 90mph all day without even breaking a sweat. The under seat compartment can accommodate two full face helmets and there’s also a rack at the back if I need more luggage space. I bought it from a music teacher who had obviously looked after it. I've used it mainly for 60mile round trips commuting to London a couple of times a week and I have to say I really like these little Burgers. Lots of power, smooth and torquey, beats most vehicles off the lights and to my surprise handles really well. It’s uber comfy, particularly with the modified rider’s seat backrest I made up and fitted. The Toucano Urbano skirt and hand muffs were a really good investment. They enable all weather riding. The heated grips ensure my hands stay dry and toasty warm in even minus temperatures and the skirt keeps the rest of me dry and warm. Add to that the high aerodynamic screen and I hardly notice the wind or rain even if I'm only wearing jeans and shoes. In fact, once I get going the rain just passes over me even if it’s pouring down. I also fitted a Zenon bright white headlight bulb which give clear, crisp vision at night. I can ride all day on this bike, in all weathers too, and when I get off I usually have a smile on my face and feel totally refreshed. Like I said, I’ve been a biker all my life and steered clear of small wheels until only a couple of years ago. I also ride a Yamaha TDM 850 for cruising and riding out with my mates (who wouldn't be seen dead riding with a scooter!) I also have a Yamaha TTR250 for trail riding but I’m definitely a scooter convert now and this Burgmann takes the biscuit for all round comfort and user friendliness.
Regards,
Graham

Scootypuff snr

Re: Another new member in West Sussex

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome Graham.

TDM one of my favourite bikes.

However I do enjoy rocking up at Harley events on my scooter but they just pass me off as the village idiot.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome to MM
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

sixpence
Benefactor
Current Ride: vespa 300cc gts sport

Post by sixpence »

Welcome to icon_muppets.png from icon_flag006.gif
I blame it on old age

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Welcome from Hampshire sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burger uk
Current Ride: Big burger aka the armchair

Post by burger uk »

Hi there where about a from West Sussex are you?