Hello to your all, just joined!

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Hello to your all, just joined!

Post by Data »

Bluebottle wrote:
Data wrote:Someone on Burgmanusa site kindly directed me here
Me
icon_bigok.gif
Well I'll be blowed again!! :o :lol: You little Burger...thanks so much Bluebottle. LIke you, I've found resistance to Burgmans is Futile! I'm going down to my nearest dealer to sort my deal today on a new 400Z. Wish me luck. Hope to be able to report back tonight on what's happening and when I'll be taking delivery. Bit excited, and can still hardly believe I've made the decision to buy a 400 Burgman after owning GSX1400's, 1000 Vstroms and just about everything else over the last 40 years. I was born with a motorcycle (not scooter!) throttle grip in my right hand. But really looking forward to getting one. Is it true that on re-entry to earth's atmosphere the Burgman fairing give complete and utter protection or do I need extra thick gloves too?

Fun here init! :lol: icon_wink-.gif
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

In case anyone is following this thread, I've had an interesting day and done a deal with my Suzuki dealer and am now awaiting the delivery of a shiney new Burgman 400Z ABS for 1st March. Strangely, I'm so excited I can barely type! Although there are those unkind people in my household and at work who say I can't anyway. tHAts rUBBish! Of curse I cna tipE.

I feel very fortunate that I can buy a new model without completely breaking the bank. Buying new was not an absolute necessity but less hassle for me at the moment. I haven't the time to go hunting, visiting and testing loads of bikes (which I've done loads of in my time). The Burgman is an excellent buy when in previously loved condition too. They seem very hardy and people in the main look after them. I'm not worried about depreciation as it will be a keeper for sure.

So, I'm losing one (Vstrom) family but gaining another (Burgman) family. So no doubt you will see many of more of my inane questions over the coming months and years. But just mabe I'll even be able to answer some too.

Thanks for the advice everyone. All comments welcome.

EastAnglian
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 S-Wing 125

Post by EastAnglian »

Chelmsford here! =)
Travelling at several WTF's a minute

paula4u
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400AN K8

Post by paula4u »

Welcome! :D

I don't think you will regret your purchase, its been a really nice bike for me i bought it a year old with 700 miles on the clock and now sitting on just under 24000 , I'm not a very strong person and she is the most I can handle in size and weight I have to own up to this, once she is fully loaded with panniers topbox etc she rides different she feels more stable.. but for a day to day run from A to B she chucks herself around any corner .. slow or fast .. Enjoy!
ooops another Burgman AN400 K8 again and...
YAMAHA VIRAGO DX535 AND XV250
Suzuki SV650S
Skoda Octavia is for lazy driving
Past Bikes: Honda S-Wing 125, Suzuki Burgman 400AN K3, Yamaha YBR125ED, Burgman AN400 K8

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Thanks for the info Paula. Glad you are in love with your Burgman. The general trend I noticed when researching what bike to buy was that the 400 Burgman seems to be a market leader in it's class. I did get as far as visiting a Sym dealer and he showed me a 400 Maxsym. During his demo of the bike in the showroom he even said, "look, when you open and close the seat, it sounds just like a Burgman". A trend I noticed thoughout my enquiries on the phone to dealers and when visiting a showroom. Everything is compared to the Burgman, mainly the 400 it seems. What a compliment! So, I do feel pretty confident I've made a good choice for my needs. Can't wait to start living with it.