Hello to your all, just joined!

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Hello to your all, just joined!

Post by Data »

Hello everyone, my first post on this site.

I live in the UK in sunny Essex county and currently ride a Vstrom 1000GT. Love the bike but my back is maybe not so in love with it's weight and top heavy design. So started looking around a few weeks ago and to my utter surprise started reading very good things about Burgman scoots. I've never owned a scooter before but have taken a more than passing interest in some of the maxi's over the years although I have always ridden bigger type bikes. The reviews and comments on some Burger sites including this one, drew me in and now I'm about to go for a test ride next week on a used one. I have already sat on a new one at a bike show and it felt good. If I buy, and it's likely I will, (but a new one probably) I hope to be able to chat regularly to you all and it's likely I will need some guidance. In my experience, there is no better way to find out about the nitty gritty of a bike/scooter than by being on a site such as this.

Am I right in thinking the Burgman is one of the superior quality scoots out there in terms of reliability, performance etc? I know there are other very good scoots out there too but the Burger is the one I fancy at the mo!

Thanks to you all and lets speak a lot.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Hello to your all, just joined!

Post by Bluebottle »

Welcome aboard

Haven't I seen you somewhere before? :D
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hello &Welcome to the icon_muppets.png

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

geoff
Benefactor
Current Ride: sh300

Post by geoff »

Hi there from another Essex Muppet,a few of the other members have the burgervan,seems like a nice machine,sure you will get advise on here about them. :)

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Hello, I have a Burgman 650, 9500 miles and love it, you need to go for a K5 or later if you can as the earlier ones could have a transmission problem. They are good at everything and you come back from each ride relaxed, they are easy to ride.
I think they are well made and even better than the Pan-Euro's I have owned.
For good information see the Burgman USA site'
Regards
Dave
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Data and welcome, You might want to try a Yamaha TMax and a Honda Silverwing too before making your mind up although the big Burger has all the toys that the other two don't.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

Is no one going to mention the soon to be released hugely expensive bmw and unproven but very nice looking c 650 gt :D

http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/motorcycl ... -c-650-gt/

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

I was on a FZ1 till I got my 650 Burg last August, amazing !!
The wife wouldnt go on the back of the FZ1 cos of the jerky braking and acceleration that the pillions get, the Burgman has super smooth acceleration and tons of engine braking, I can keep up with 600 Bikes round country lanes and not need to use my brakes with saves time, when we meet up after the say my brake lights dont work most of the time, I say I wasnt using them :)

I have the largest givi screen and only get slight wind blast, but if i lean back or duck down about 2" I get no wind blast, and excellent weather protection :) I like the seat and dont find it to hard at all.
Take test rides on the Honda Silverwing, maybe the Gillera GP800 to, that accelerates upto 120mph before slowing down , where mine starts to go slower about 85mph and tops out about 110 mph...so far ;)

BUT when the BMW's come out I will be test riding those, and maybe the new Aprilia 850 ( GP800 engine )

The Burg is about the same weight as a Pan European, but is fairly easy to put on the center stand , BUT is hard to push backwards with the engine running as its gear driven not belt.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

woozy-uk