Hello to your all, just joined!

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Hello to your all, just joined!

Post by Dave Weller »

You can get round the problems Victor mentions, the 12v socket is in the wrong place, but you buy a 3 outlet cigarette socket and it comes with a handy USB socket which solves any problem, you start the bike up then stop it, then pull it back, it wakes up the gears, no need to do that if you are use to moving bikes around, the left hand switch gear is crowded, but everything can be found if you think about what your doing, the seat is perfect for me and so is the electric screen, the electric mirrors make filtering easy, the heated seat and heated grips come in handy and I like using the overdrive function when I can. The headlights are good.
I have needed the ABS twice so far, I've been glad of that, the weight of the bike helps to load up the tyres under very heavy braking as well.
The scoot makes what is a cold, wet, dangerous hobby tolerable all year round, IMHO.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Or get a 400 riding.gif

OK it doesn't cure the badly placed 12v outlet and the stock screen is still a bit weedy but its easy to push around, a doddle in traffic (Ive never activated the ABS and only extra buttons are heated grips)
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Post by Zed »

Data wrote: Vstrom 1000GT. Love the bike but my back is maybe not so in love with it's weight and top heavy design.
Giddy Mr Data, always good to find "proper bikers" open minded enough to try a scooter.

Re: fat wallowing burgers: you first need to think what you want the bike for. Touring, then get a maxi, but if you're commuting, then a slim nimble 125-300 is far better ;) have fun, don't be shy.

amsmtb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki burgman 400za l4

Post by amsmtb »

Bluebottle wrote:Or get a 400 riding.gif

OK it doesn't cure the badly placed 12v outlet and the stock screen is still a bit weedy but its easy to push around, a doddle in traffic (Ive never activated the ABS and only extra buttons are heated grips)
Fantastic scoot the 400 but a little gutless v's the 650. I mean i love mine but they are very differant scooters.

All ill say is yes the burger is a fantastic ride but you should try as many differant makes as you can before you buy a maxi. :ugeek:

Hello and welcome by the way.
Suzuki burgman 400za l4
Suzuki burgman 400 k5
Gilara nexus 500 2004
Suzuki Burgman AN400 k7 2006
Piaggio x7 125 2010
Yamaha Majesty YP125R 2000
jinun db50qt6 (NInja) 2007
Honda nsr125k JC20 1991

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hello Data, I'm from North Essex too. Whereabouts are you?
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Bluebottle wrote:Welcome aboard

Haven't I seen you somewhere before? :D
Hi Bluebottle, yes you have! I am on Burgmanusa as 'Quantum Mechanic'. You may have noticed a sort of space come science theme to my user names :o . I joined both Burgman sites about the same time. At the time I didn't know about Maxi-Muppets, but someone on Burgmanusa site kindly directed me here, maybe one of you. I should have kept my original user name from there I guess. I've been so keen to get as much information as possible and talk to as many people with Burgmans that I kinda rushed it a bit. But thanks to you guys and Burgmanusa, I learned a massive amount already. Thanks for that.

For those worried that I haven't tried the 650 yet, I have now! Went out on one today. It was brilliant. A demo model with 800 miles on the clock. But too heavy and too expensive. I know the weight melts away once underway, but I don't want to go down that road again. It about the same weight as my fully specced up GT 1000 strom. I confess I liked the 400 much more even though is has less power. And for me, I can do everything myself on the 400 but the 650 will need some thinking about. I'm hoping to keep my scooter (which I haven't yet purchased) for many years and put a lot of miles on it. I'm looking for absolute simplicity which the 400 seems to have when compared to the 650. Not dissing the 650, it is truly great, but much like my 1000cc Vstrom, and after talking to the techs, it seems to need a lot of effort to do major things to it. That for me is going to be very time consuming. So 400 it is. Not too interested in the Honda or Italian scooters or the new untried BMW's, good though they all no doubt are. Suzuki has gotten under my skin in the last 7 years or so of owning their bikes. Their dealers seem to be good and parts and service is excellent in my experience.

Just like to say thank you all for the very warm welcome extended to me :o :lol: and my inane questions!!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote:Hello Data, I'm from North Essex too. Whereabouts are you?
Lo mottza, the fair town of Colchester. What about you?

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

next door in Wivenhoe lol!
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote:next door in Wivenhoe lol!
Well I'll be blowed!! :lol: Looks likely a meet will take place anytime soon then....

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Data wrote:Someone on Burgmanusa site kindly directed me here
Me
icon_bigok.gif
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1