Goodbye Bandit,Hello Burgman

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: Goodbye Bandit,Hello Burgman

Post by VOZZA »

Hi BB and welcome icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif I ride all year except in heavy snow or ice.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Hi BB, Welcome. It seems like we are doing the same thing. I too have am chopping in my 1000 Strom for the 400 Burgman 'Z' abs model. Is your the 'Z' with abs or the very brilliant standard model? Did you get a test ride?

Like you no doubt, I can't wait for mine to arrive. It's the fuel economy amongst many things that I will enjoy. The Strom gives me just 36-38mpg in the use I put it too, and is so time consuming to clean (I like to clean my motorcycles to a high standard!). Good luck and post often to let us know how you are getting on with it when it arrives.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

BabyBoomer
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400

Post by BabyBoomer »

Hi Data, Great to hear that you are doing the same. It is the basic model and the showroom model was the only one in the shop - so unfortunately did not have a test ride. Crescent told me that there were only about six 'Z' models in the UK. Were you told this by your dealer?
Will let you know how things work out. Will be interested to hear how you work the transition from the Strom to the Burger.
Next Thursday will be THE day of delivery for us both. Good riding and lets hope for decent weather.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Cheers to that BB. Yes I was told there were not many in the country when I first enquired. I nearly ordered the standard model as it's a great bike and you can add anything you want to it anyway. But my dealer managed to get his clammy hands one the 'Z' models for me. Prior to ordering, I managed to get a test ride on a used '09' standard model that the dealer had just taken in. It had 12k on the clock. It was a great ride and so different to riding my strom. Less power of course, but smooth effortless use of the bike. I was able to move around on the bike to get really comfortable, so great comfort coupled with good handling (once you get used to it being closer to the ground than a bike). It felt lightweight compared to my Vstrom but in actual fact is only 2kg less than my Strom. The 'Z' is heavier than the standard model but due to it's weight being carried so low, it feels lighter. After riding it for 45mins it felt just right and I was getting used to it. It was plenty fast for me too. And that transmission, it was quite novel not having to change gear or worry about holding the clutch in getting an aching hand when in heavy traffic. It's a good cruiser too on the dual carriageway, you don't get left behind. Yep...looking forward to Thursday! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...