Old Muppets never die!

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Old Muppets never die!

Post by melpotter »

In June 2010, at the tender age of 51 I joined the Muppets and then I bought a poorly 2004 SYM JoyRide 125. I was instantly hooked. It lasted 146 miles before I had to get something better. Then came a brand new SYM GTS EVO 125 which carried me for 10,300 miles until early 2012 when I passed my license without any lessons accept for the CBT. I then upgraded to a new SYM GTS EVO 300i which I rode until July 2014, covering 15,300 miles.

That July, in the face of cuts to council budgets, I took redundancy and early retirement and decided with my wife to sell or give away most of our stuff, rent out our house in Staffordshire and got on a 'gap year' or three in a caravan. Sadly the GTS EVO had to go. A nice man from 'down south' came one day and rode her away :-(. Earlier this year I saw her on eBay, still in lovely condition but even though we had miraculously managed to afford to buy a flat near St Ives in Cornwall and sold our caravan I couldn't afford to buy her back :-(

A couple of weeks ago I had a small windfall and although it's a sheer indulgence and after much agonising, I missed that freedom so much a SYM JoyMax 300i has been procured, second hand from a dealer in Cardiff who sell motorbikes and guitars and will part-ex between the two!

I'm beyond excited to be riding again and our flat had been like an Amazon warehouse this last week as packages of helmet, jacket, gloves, trousers etc arrived with a stream of couriers. I'm not sure when the JoyMax will arrive but I have plenty of scenery to pose her against as soon as she does. So that's me and my life over the last 6 years. I'm back!
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: Old Muppets never die!

Post by VOZZA »

Nice to have you back! Good luck with your new bike, and we look forward to seeing photos of it in that lovely scenery. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

VOZZA wrote:Nice to have you back! Good luck with your new bike, and we look forward to seeing photos of it in that lovely scenery. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Thanks VOZZA

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

icon_thumbs_up.gif great to here your back, and great news about your new scoot. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

welcome home Mel.. icon_maxi_scoot.gif thumb.gif
Lyn.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome back. Great story . Now your retired you will have even more time to ride. Recently retired myself and the difference between commuting and pleasure riding is another world. Looking forward to some scenic photos featuring your steed.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

Once a SYM mafia member always a SYM mafia member
Maximum respect

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Welcome back thumb.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

Cheers Alan, fondly remember going on the Midland Air Ambulance ride out with you and Pikey some years ago.