New Boy

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
silverado

New Boy

Post by silverado »

Hello all :D
Having met Poldark on a recent run out I heard him mention maxi muppets so I have joined
Long time motorbike owner,short time scooter owner X9 250 which shares many traits with me - old,smells a bit odd in the morning,has different sized wheels. Ok the last one doesn't quite pan out but you get the gist.
I'm over 50 of your earth years old,though apparently about 14 in most other respects,Around my neck of the woods on most Sunday mornings the windows shake and the ground rumbles as what appears to be a local Harley club blats past my front door in convoy - You know the score Hells angels on Sunday,Accountants on Monday :roll:
Nice site, a tad more laid back than others.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Re: New Boy

Post by The Bern »

:) Hello & Welcome :)
Have wheels, will travel :D

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Hi there, enjoy the site

sixpence
Benefactor
Current Ride: vespa 300cc gts sport

Post by sixpence »

Welcome to icon_muppets.png from icon_flag006.gif

I am well past 50 as is most of the users on here ;) also I have just come over to scooters after being a biker/triker.

Post often and enjoy the site. icon_thumbs_up.gif
I blame it on old age

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome to MM
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome. Your intro makes you an ideal Maxi Muppet. Participate and enjoy. Don't forget to check out the Maxi Muppets Facebook page.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome

Love the introduction is it a monologue or diatribe.

Whatever tickled me

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Hello and welcome ,it's a good old site here .

silverado

Post by silverado »

Ok,I have to admit to googling what diatribe meant icon_new-.gif

I have over the years ridden/fallen off various iron steeds,it started when my father took me out on the back of his Honda cd175 so far back in the day it had a front number plate !

An unsurpassed and brilliant piece of logic because it could only be read from the side,handy though for slicing through traffic :lol:

I've been hooked ever since !

I've been successively the spotty teenager on a fast moped - desperate to get the biker nod,

The scooter riding greaser fearing rally attending 80's version of the original mod,

The thirty something on a much too fast and powerful bike,tinted visors are primarily to hide the expression of fear.

Forty's saw a gap,and also a realisation that I had an itch I just couldn't scratch unless two wheels were involved.

Now at 50 something,I dont ride in the rain,or if it looks like rain,or if it has been raining which in England sums up our weather neatly violin.gif

My "bike list" would read like a bad supermarket novel from the reduced section,however my experiences with them wouldn't ,I must get around to chronicling them one of these years,starting with how I thought the best way to stop a misfire when riding through puddles on a fast moped was to wrap newspaper around the cylinder head,

The naivety/natural bounce of youth kept me from being seriously injured, as I chose to eject (there is no other word) at 45 mph with the ped in question looking for all the world like an underpowered Ku Klux Klan recruitment advert in hot pursuit.

I digress,the gentle swipe at a particular type of Harley owner is nothing more than that,though if I have to re putty my windows again because of the vibration of 20 odd Harleys shaking it out.I will be out the front of the house giving them my sternest and most withering glare

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Lol turn the HD thing into a positive stand out front ,waving with one had and the other in your trousers enjoying said vibrations with a smile not a withering glare . I do love the news paper round the cylinder head .looking forward to more tales .