Comfy seat for Burgman 650 2010

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Colbo68

Comfy seat for Burgman 650 2010

Post by Colbo68 »

Hi all, this is my first post on here.
I've recently bought my first Burgman 650, having owned a 400 before.
I suffer with a bad lower back that gives me sciatica due to a trapped nerve. I thought the Burgman would probably be the best scooter for me, with its big seat and raised 'buffer' at the back.
However, I was wrong.
I've had many bikes in my time and my first few rides on the Burgman had me suffering from 'numb ass' within less than an hour.
Unfortunately, it's also set my bloody sciatica off again.
I love the bike! I don't want to sell it cos it's got an uncomfortable seat!
So, I've looked at the Corbin seat for the Burgman and found the Corbin Europe website.
The seats look great, are made of memory foam and come with a great reputation. But for the seat and back rest, Corbin charge nearly a grand!
So.....am I able to get a good seat for my pride and joy, any cheaper? What are the best websites? Does anyone sell them second hand? Etc..'
Any advice hugely appreciated!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Comfy seat for Burgman 650 2010

Post by kayz1 »

Many places in the UK will redo your own seat, but it does mean you loose the use of the bike until done..
Tony Archer springs to mind, get a copy of MCN or most old bike mags have adds in the back pages...
It is defo doable and not for a grand either..
Have you tried the seat without the bum stop fitted! only a couple of bolts to remove, or is it the seat
sides that course the problem as they did with me...

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Colbo68
Try and pick up a S/H seat and try to create your own.

Firstly try a sheep skin sounds daft but does change butt pressure.

However Sciatica is a tough one and some days nothing helps I know

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

kayz1 wrote:Many places in the UK will redo your own seat, but it does mean you loose the use of the bike until done....
When me and a mate had our Burgman seats retrimmed many years ago, we took them off and went by car to an upholsterers near Brands Hatch one Saturday morning, left them with him, went and had breakfast in a local pub then went into Brands and watched a track day for an hour or so and they were done when we returned a few hours later. I had gel foam fitted to mine, my mate had the same plus a new cover made and fitted to his.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Could I suggest you Google Airhawk Seats. Heard some good personal reviews of this product. Other major advantage is you can swop it from one scooter to another.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have one of these as they are far far cheaper that of the airHawk and the same thing:::if you no what i mean. never leaked roll up as a pillow when camping.
https://putnams.co.uk/collections/all-p ... at-cushion
Lyn.

PS: just don't blow them up too hard, only need a very little air in them to enough to lift your bum oft seat :lol:

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome to MM
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Colbo68

Post by Colbo68 »

Meldrew wrote:I have an Airhawk Cruiser Medium which is the ideal size for a maxi scooter, it's one of the expensive neoprene versions but I hardly ever use it. I was thinking just a couple of days ago it's surplus to requirements and I should sell it.
Let me know if you do intend to sell it

Colin

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

If you need a new seat cover there is a Polish guy on eBay that does covers £50/60you have to contact via his Facebook link just order want you want