New to the forum!

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
jlw316

New to the forum!

Post by jlw316 »

Hi there,

Nice to meet everyone!

I currently ride a Versys 650 GT. After realising where I spend most of my time riding I am on the verge of swapping it for a maxi scooter, possibly an Xmax 300.

My commute is roughly 5 miles each way and mainly dual carriageway/town and the only other regular riding I do is approx 20 miles each way to visit family (again dual carriageway/motorway) maybe once a month and occasional rides for enjoyment.

Just waiting for my local dealer to get one in (they sold there previous before I could test ride) so I can test ride but hopefully I wont have any issues!

Also if anyone has time:

I am quite tall (6”3) would this be an issue?

And

For what I have said I dont see much benefit forking out extra money for the 400? Does that sound reasonable? Any occasional pillion use would only be very short distance.

Cheers for anyones time in advance! Hopefully might meet some of you at a meet in the future once I have purchased!

J

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: New to the forum!

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome jlw316. Check out Stephenc postings on the X Max 300 here http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 39&t=20755. There are several other owners on the Maxi Muppets Facebook page. Keep us updated.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

jlw316

Welcome to the forum. For the commute you do the 300cc is more than adequate.

For the the difference between 300/400 other than retail price (you might get a better deal on an older 400cc) but road tax the same.

As for your height I've not heard taller riders complain but like cars seating it's s a personal thing so defo try before you buy

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Welcome to the darkside. As an ex motorcyclist I will say you'll need a little time to acclimatise to a T&G but when you do you'll wonder why you've bothered with gears all your life. An X-Max 300 is cracker, the 400 may be a little more powerful but it's also heavier. In all honesty if you fit the 300 then I'd just go for that one. I made the mistake of getting a more powerful scooter when I went from a 400 Majesty to a Silverwing. I now ride a Vespa 300 GTS and I doubt I'll ever buy anything with a larger engine.

jlw316

Post by jlw316 »

Thanks everyone for the replies! Hopefully I will get a test ride soon!

Have read StephenCs post tonight and I think with the riding I'll mainly be doing I doubt any of the niggles with it will bother me too much I just need to make sure I fit on it well enough :)

Hopefully I will be back soon telling everyone my order is in!