Hello All

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
SymonB

Hello All

Post by SymonB »

Simon B, long time motorcyclist and into scooters for about 16 yrs. Ridden professionally for 17 yrs but mostly just for pleasure over the last 12 . I'm aged 50 born and bred in Haydock, St Helens but moved South to London in 1986. Proper bike/ petrol head from age 15 but motorcycles were first choice. Riding bikes at work for such a long time ruined the social side of motorcycling for me so it was a change of departments at work that allowed my social interests to return. I was introduced to the scooter scene and found the limited performance of the Vespas etc an interesting concept especially when attempting to cover some of the long distances on ride outs , camping etc. Anyway that's a long story for another day. I now live in Ware in Hertfordshire. I own a 1973 Vespa Rally and a Sym Maxsym 600i. The Vespa lives in Cottingham near Hull in my partners Dads garage for safe keeping and good weather ! The Sym is my use whenever tool that I'm keen to put some miles on in 2018. Anyone else here got one ? What you think about it ? I'm reasonably impressed so far ! Cost 4600 with 900 miles on clock , five year warranty, bargain ! It's covered in locks now parked in my covered garage area as I had my Vespa GtS Super Sport knicked in June last year !!! Bastards !!! Having lost the GTS I fancied a Maxi scooter, hence the Sym ! Looking forward to hearing from like minded people and maybe the odd ride out. I'm gregarious guy, easy going , like a laugh and a beer , although January will be a dry month due to necessity of overindulgence !
Happy new year !

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Hello All

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome SymonB. I too moved to scooters from motorbikes. Never looked back. Had three small cc Sym's myself. Sure there is another Sym 600 owner on the forum. Don't forget to post pictures. Have you checked out the Maxi Muppets Facebook page ?
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

:) Hello & Welcome bud :)

There are at least 3 members with Sym 600 on this forum
Have wheels, will travel :D

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Welcome that man..another bike to scoot man here..but i still buy a bike now and again...then revert back to scoots :D
you no it makes sense icon_maxi_scoot.gif
Lyn.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

sixpence
Benefactor
Current Ride: vespa 300cc gts sport

Post by sixpence »

Welcome to icon_muppets.png from icon_flag006.gif
I blame it on old age