Hi from Lancashire

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
kermitoo

Hi from Lancashire

Post by kermitoo »

HI Everyone...It is hard to believe I finally was able to join this forum...I had tried for 4 days ish but impossible to login...oh well...I am here now ...I have read so many of your posts which wer very interesting...So...what can I say about me...I'll write a little list and bullet points..:))
I have had lots and lots of bikes over the years and never ever intended to buy a scooter ( currently awaiting to pick the Xmax 300 2018 fairly soon from the dealer)...
Riding a scooter will be something new because it is alien to me and I never thought I would buy one , let alone ride one...o I am looking forward to it and at the same time I will be sort of praying not to crash with that thing...!!
NOw why a scooter and no more bike?...I was looking at the Honda rebel 500 ABS but there was a lot of accessories I would have had to buy that the bike wasn't worth it...I liked the height of it though...the scooter being way taller, I asked the dealer to cut the seat and he accepted...so I will touch the ground a bit more...lol...I am a small ish granny you see!!!
I do not get used to forums but i thought that if i needed any advices then this was the palce to ask for it if any of you will have time to do so in time...and if needed...What else do you need to know??...I have a good sense of humour but I can be grumpy too especially in the morning before ny cup of tea...:)) ( I am sure I am nto the only one)
I bought the scooter also because I am recovering from a huge op and need something lighter than the bikes I had before but also like the practical storage and weather protection a scooter offers...I intend to get the scooter ready ( the engine anyway) then will probably go to France to see the relatives and friends...oh...yes..I am a froggie...I hope you will forgive the language mistakes that I will make from time to time too...you can shout if i do but i will probably ingore it..:)) Anyway I hope you are all well ( and sound) and see you maybe around on one of these meet up and ride rendez-vous...( oh one thing...I hope you do not stop every 5 minutes either as I often experienced on some of the motorbike groups...you see I love riding more than i love drinking coffee ...so for me a ride is a ride and I could live on the machine for hours on end..;))) Thanks for being patient with my intro...:) Bye for now...

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Re: Hi from Lancashire

Post by Alanzzg »

Hi and welcome to the icon_muppets.png
icon_maxi_scoot.gif icon_moped.gif
Looking forward to seeing you on one of the many ride out we have .
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Your not the other Xmax buyer from Raceways are you?
welcome and happy new bike.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome kermitoo. Grand choice of scooter. Got to admit I left motorcycles for the same reasons but immediately realised I should have taken up scooters much sooner. Remember to check out the Meets and Ride out section of this forum. We all like to see photos of our scooter so there's the Showroom section. Participate and enjoy. There's also a Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2807060308/
P.S. your written English is excellent.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Hi And Thanks for your replies...and yes..looking forward to ride with the group if the work shifts allow it but soon or later that will happen..;)). A bit more reassured about Muddyfox reply re swapping from the bikes to the scooters...I may also get both once I will be strong enough...And glad to know that some muppets (?? if this is what we are called now) are not so far from this county...Will now read and explore the forum . see you around..:)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.