TMax Intro

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Maxvoneighty

TMax Intro

Post by Maxvoneighty »

Although a "senior" person, I did not recently invest in a new TMax DX as I thought it appropriate or necessary!

After many years with bikes of various types and capacities (the last being a 1200 GS LC BM), I found the insurance etc too high for the use I was making of it. It was then saw in the BMW Forum (posted for no particular reason) praise for the TMax.
No bike is perfect but everything I read was positive. I bought one.
Wow. I like it.
I do intend to offer my thoughts later after I have had chance to ride it further, but in the meantime may I ask some advice from those who maybe have had the same questions?
I need to know the best combination of what is available from suppliers of huggers, tail tidies and belt covers. As far as I can see there is only R and G and Ermax who offer such parts.
Ideally I need to see how a DX looks with some or all of these extras fitted, as the web site pics from the suppliers does not really help. Any one in the Rochdale area?
Also any other tips for someone who started with a 350cc side valve Ex WD Royal Enfield and had his first "Go" a few weeks ago on a "twist and Go" would be helpful.

Many thanks

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Re: TMax Intro

Post by rayb »

I can only offer a bit of advice about your last question. I found slow speed turns tricky as I couldn't regulate the throttle very well. What I have learnt is to use the back brake to control the speed, counterbalance my weight and don't be afraid to put my foot down. But above all, find an empty carpark and practice. I was lucky in having a large school playground to myself. I'm getting better about putting my feet down as I gain confidence.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome. Great choice of scooter.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

Welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hello
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Greetings