New to scoots

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Rog

New to scoots

Post by Rog »

I bought a Burgman 400 k7 a little while back, originally it was to be used as a commuter bike as I have other 'proper' bikes. I deliberately put the 'proper' in inverted commas as since getting the Burgman I ride it everywhere as it's brilliant!!! And my 'proper' bikes haven't been out since the 400 arrived.
I'm even at the sad point where seeing another scooter on the road, I rubber neck thinking ' oh, what's that'.

Cheers

Rog

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Re: New to scoots

Post by rjc1944 »

Welcome to the land of the converted, Rog. Whatever you do, don't try a T-Max or you'll never want a "proper" bike again!
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

Welcome to mm
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hrllo
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Welcome to the darkside sir. I came across when a back injury stopped me riding 'propper' bikes after 22+ years as my daily transport. At first I was a bit 'Arse, reduced to a big moped' but once I worked out the nuances of Manual Mode on the 650 Burg I am glade I did get one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome from one convert to another. I've made more friends quicker on my scooter than I ever did motorbiking. Have a good look around the forum. There's a dedicated Burgman section and dare I say even a section for "proper bikes". Participate and enjoy.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

:) Hello & Welcome bud :)
Have wheels, will travel :D

kermitoo

Post by kermitoo »

Welcome Rog, I was also in two minds about buying a Xmax 300 or a cruiser but went for the practicality first...I never regreted it either...I found that It is somewhat easy to compete with some bikes as the speed is not bad at all on the scooter and it also depends on how one rides strategically...then they catch you up but it is too late...you would have proved the point!!...Enjoy !!