I'm suddenly turned on to scooters

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Toecutter658

I'm suddenly turned on to scooters

Post by Toecutter658 »

Hi All.

My name is Keith AKA Toecutter on other bike forums, i've got an ER6 & a few Suzuki Van vans but i'm coming round to twist 'n go scooters.
I like my bikes & anything with two wheels, i do a lot of riding for pleasure as well as riding to work, running errands etc & just going for rides here there & everywhere, love riding abroard where its sunny & the roads are nice & empty, i try to get away as often as i can as i'm semi retired now.
I recently went to Malta with Harv where i met Horrobags & Terry who were both very nice & we hired a couple of half knackered 125 twist 'n go's for a couple of days & we did a bit of touring of Malta & the island of Gozo & my eyes were opened to the pleasures & ease & benefits of riding a scooter - i loved it, it's rather nice not having to clutch & change gear, It went well for a 125 so gawd knows what a more powerful beast would go like.
Since i've been home i've been thinking quite a lot about getting a scooter & wondering which one to get & there's a few i'd consider but the 400 Burgman keeps cropping up, it seems to tick all the boxes, i quite like the Kawasaki as well.
I've got lots of questions to ask but first i'm going to have a good read of the forum & see if i can find the answers here.
Thanks for having me & i'll be back soon.
Regards,
Toecutter.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Re: I'm suddenly turned on to scooters

Post by Alanzzg »

Hi and welcome to the icon_maxi_scoot.gif icon_moped.gif icon_muppets.png
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome from convert to another. Wish I'd discovered automatic scooters years ago.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Keith, small world, I've had some sort of twist & Go for years, a great Burgman 400 and 650 and also now a practical Silverwing 600. Hopefully see you on one soon, the new Honda X-ADV could suit you sir.
Dave
Chatham
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

hi Keith, glad you enjoyed the trip, it was a good time.
Lots of scoots out there, it all depends what your after. If its just for fun maybe a t-max? the burgman 400 is a great allrounder. Also have a ride on Harveys silverwing they too are an fantastic all rounder.
Keep in touch. ;)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

Hi Keith, Glad you enjoyed the holiday, thinking about it I should have let you have a ride on my SH 300. you saw how well it went on the fast coast road and the motorbike like lean angles you can lay it over....Some Muppets are thinking of coming over again in the half term in October...why not join in?
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

I discovered the practical advantages of twist-and-go in the late 1990s and have always has one in the garage since my first, the Suzuki AN125, which stood alongside my 1200 bandit at the time. My impressions of the Burgman from an extended loan of a 400 were that it was big. Long wheelbase and plenty of storage. Definitely suits stronger or bigger individuals who need room to move around and stretch out plus lots of room to carry stuff. Other makes have improved underseat storage a lot in recent years so there are now plenty of mid-sized models which rival the Burgman for space.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

Welcome to the real world! Bikes or scooters - they're both great. If you do a lot of main road work then do have a go on a T-Max, it'll really open your eyes to what a sporty scooter can do. If you want a comfy, powerful and good-looking tourer, check out the Silverwing. If, like me, you mainly do short rides on nadgery roads, stopping frequently to look at the view, get a Vespa GTS. Whatever you get, have fun and ride safe. Good luck from Cornwall.
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Although for various reasons I didn't get one (yet) don't discount the Piaggio Beverly 350 ST (Dave had one and vowed it was all he ever needed, then promptly traded it!!)

Good all-rounder, enough power, enough storage, enough manoeuvrability, good brakes & traction control (how did we ever cope without it). Sensible maintenance and not excessive pricewise.

Just to give you another option to Burgers, depending on your leg length it may be slightly lacking if you especially want full feet forward option but great fun wizzing about.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

phil y
Current Ride: Burgman 400 + van van

Post by phil y »

Hi toecutter I’m on the vanvan forum also. Besides my vanvan I have a Bergman 400 and wouldn’t part with it

Phil...