Hello all.

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
bunny999

Hello all.

Post by bunny999 »

Hello from Ashford, Middlesex, England.
Been riding almost continually for about 40 years, short bike less periods when working in city centres and when having company cars.
Had a bucket list moment about 7 years ago when a work colleague who has a vintage Lambretta rolled up on a white Vespa GTS 300. Tried a couple of cheap 125’s and got bitten by the scooter bug, some of which I will admit is plain laziness – not having to bother with all that tedious gear changing, nothing to do with your feet other than stopping the bike falling over. Finally got a shiny black Vespa GTS 300 in 2013, have modified the suspension and added crash bars, racks and stuff. This is the fair-weather weekend toy. Also had a few 125’s to commute short distances to work.
I’ve recently been able to take early retirement, so I decided to sell the 125 and get a bike I could do some gentle touring on – just in the UK and probably nothing more than an overnight stay. Not going to ride round the world. After reading lots of reviews I decided on a Silverwing. It’s a 2009 model, 2800 genuine miles, full service history and practically mint. Not ridden it far or fast yet, but initial impressions are good, powerful enough, neutral, predictable handling, comfortable, loads of storage. Looking forward to my first longer trip.
Before that I’ll probably change the tyres and battery because both are staring at 10 years old.

Scootypuff snr

Re: Hello all.

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome

great choice of scoot (I'm biased) and plenty of satisfied silverwing owners on here,not forgetting the wealth of knowledge.

Also the American owners forum.

You just missed a Norfolk meet but others happen fairly regularly in this neck of the woods

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome. Check out the Meets and Rideout's section although things may quieten down there now we are approaching the end of summer. Participate and enjoy.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

hey welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.