Touring 2019

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Shamrock
Current Ride: Honda st1300

Touring 2019

Post by Shamrock »

Hi from ireland
Iam looking to tour france and spain in 2019 with a burgman 650 .
Is there any one out there tour on a burgman :arrow: ps just on the look out for a burgman for next year ,
Any help with info please on the 650cc

Deleted User 7077

Re: Touring 2019

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Welcome not had a 650 just know they are heavy especially when loaded up with touring gear .

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have had one or six 650 Burgers, good machine but as Julian says Very heavy, mine were all the pre modded bikes so 278kls plus you and your gear.
3000 miles the most i ever got from a rear tyre not much choice in tyres either, service costs are stupidly expensive for a scooter. If the right wrist twists too far for too long on motorways the fuel consumption rockets..Overdrive if they still have it works well if you no how it works.
Lyn.

Shamrock
Current Ride: Honda st1300

Post by Shamrock »

Thank you for the info ,
I have a st1300cc honda and thats def top heavy , but to be hon you dont need a big 1300cc bike to tour with !
Thats why iam looking at the burgman icon__vxr.gif icon__vxr.gif icon_majestygif2.gif
Tryed and tested ,
I know theres bikers that may look down at what iam saying , but to me its all about what i need not what they say , seen it done it .

( last year i meet a young lad on a 125cc on the south of france from scotland i was on my st1300cc , and to tell the truth i had respect for the young lad , to me hes a true biker).

Please if you have any info on what to look out for on buying a burgman 650cc as iam hopeing to buy one in jan or feb next year can you reply back ,
Thank you for your help from Alex

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Alex

I've toured on a 400 Burgam and it was amazing (previous model to latest incarnation so had the 67 litre under seat storage).

Z750 Jay is your 650 man, Lyn knows them inside out Jay is currently riding one to destruction :o

Is your heart set on a burgman and if so what budget are you aiming for. Do you want something older you can 'custom' to your trip over winter or an off the shelf ride?

I can email you pictures of the most amazing tour burgman I saw at Bentley bike night

The newer 650 burgman is lighter (2013 onward I recall) due to a change in the rear drive making it easier to manoeuvre.
Being a suzuki finish isn't the greatest and rear shocks rot faster than a slug in a salt bath.
Wheel finish tends to lift in winter rides and most long term owners have them redone in 2pac.
The oversized rear top box makes handing "wander" IMO
Don't pay list if buying new they plummet faster then a suicidal lemming & again IMO are hard to sell on depending where you live.
Look for a pre reg or demo model about 8K. S/H prices are all over the shop.
White is the only colour to own. If your willing to stick your neck out the American you tube custom videos create hell of a reaction on here :lol:

Burgman usa a wealth of knowledge in some instances.

PS welcome to the forum

Bern

Post by Bern »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:05 pm

I can email you pictures of the most amazing burgervan I saw in Bentley bike night
^^ edited
:shock: you saw a Burgervan made from a Benley :shock: ;) :lol:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Bern wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:18 pm

I can email you pictures of the most amazing tour burgman I saw in Bentley bike night
:shock: you saw a Burger in a Benley :shock: ;) :lol:
I did, ate several as well (be rude not to)

Bern

Post by Bern »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:19 pm

I can email you pictures of the most amazing tour burgman I saw in Bentley bike night
:lol: :lol: :kiss: :lol: :lol:

(I blame the whisky hic burp icon_icon_whistlehalo.gif tasty.gif

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Bern wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:23 pm

thumb.gif thumb.gif icon_cheers.gif icon_guiness.gif cheers Bern on the hobgoblin tonight

Bern

Post by Bern »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:33 pm
Bern wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:23 pm

thumb.gif thumb.gif icon_cheers.gif icon_guiness.gif cheers Bern on the hobgoblin tonight
Talisker Skye here bud, herself got me a bottle on Sunday & then my neighbour got me another on Tuesday :D :D