Hello

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
MrGman
Current Ride: Xmax300 R1

Hello

Post by MrGman »

Hi All,

Years ago i bought a Yamaha BWS125 just to commute on in the crappy seasons, turned out I used the bike a lot more than i had expected so i looked for something just that little bit bigger with some half decent power.
I ended up buying a Xmax300, I never test rode the bike, just went of reviews and i've not been disappointed after nearly a year of ownership.

I have a couple of little grumbles though, one, the lights, I actually took the bike back as the full beam was so poor I thought there must be a problem but no, it's just crap, so crap in fact i think it's almost dangerous as anything more than about 50moh and i don't feel like i can see the distance i'd need to stop in.

Secondly is the brakes, the front brake is fine but i'd like just that little more from it.

So, has anyone done any upgrades to either the lights or the brakes? I don't mind spending money on upgrades just so long as i know they're worth it, so any experience will be much appreciated.

Cheers
MrGman

Quick forum question, is this the only sub forum? Just the introductions?

MrGman

Re: Hello

Post by MrGman »

Ok, so i can now see the whole forum and should really have put my questions in the appropriate categories.

Off to have a search now though.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome MrGman

There are a number of xmax 300 owners here but don't believe any have upgraded the parts you mention but sure somebody will be along to prove me wrong :lol:

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome. You are not the first , of the several owners on here , to have concerns about the main beam. Not heard of any brake issues. There have been a few that upgraded the rear shocks.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome to MM
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Welcome that man.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Yeah hi. I'm on 9k miles on mine and yes, the main beam is awful and the rear suspension not great, either. I have left the lights alone although I think someone has added extra lights so look around the forum for that.

Otherwise, it's a very good scoot with decent power and excellent economy.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGman

Post by MrGman »

I've covered 5k on mine now, when i bought it it was purely for commuting purposes, but I've lost count how many times this year I've taken it out over taking my bike.

Test rode a tmax the other day as i thought it'd be the perfect bike as it just has that little more, superb handling for a scoot, plenty of power, decent brakes, lights worked well but it was too cramp for me, my knees were so close to the bar, also it's twice the price!