Hello from Yorkshire

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Victor P
Current Ride: Forza 300

Hello from Yorkshire

Post by Victor P »

Hi all, Thanks for having me aboard.
First time scooter owner. I picked up a 2017 Honda Forza 300 off a friend in April for my daily commute and have been very impressed. Took me a while to adapt but second nature now.
The Engine is so smooth and pulls much better than I expected. The lights are very good and I fitted a Puig tall screen with added deflector. Get to work clean instead of looking like I've ridden through a field :) Handling is also good. Getting around 80-85 mpg on my 20 mile round trip. Went down to the Cotswolds and back via the Peak District and got av 87 mpg with all day comfort. Linked brakes are good and sharp if you need to stop in a hurry.
Only down sides are the suspension is harsh, you can feel every imperfection and it crashes over bumps. The styling as well is not the best, just my opinion.
Like the look of the new model as well as the xmax. May plumb for a 400 next though but not sure if that is really nessessery as sometimes bigger is not better.
Regards.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Hello from Yorkshire

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome Victor P. Motorbikes to scooter convert myself. Wish I had discovered scooters years ago. A few members with the new X Max 300 have upgraded the rear shocks. Biggest complaint would be poor main beam. With regards 300cc V 400cc reading the postings it appears the 400 offers more weight and very little extra power at a greater expense. Try and find Xmaxpauls postings. Participate and enjoy.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Victor P
Current Ride: Forza 300

Post by Victor P »

Cheers Muddyfox, Thanks for the reply & tip.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome Victor P

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

Welcome to the icon_muppets.png icon_maxi_scoot.gif icon_moped.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

bustupbiker
Current Ride: X-ADV

Post by bustupbiker »

Welcome that man..
Lyn.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.