New Member (not quite)

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Bikerbaker
Current Ride: Various

Re: New Member (not quite)

Post by Bikerbaker »

Thanks for all the replies.

It would appear that I have more time in which to make up my mind over the scoot idea as I won't be losing the crutches this year. Bit of a dent in my planned visit to Australia, this year at least but at least I'm saving money sat sitting here. I will have to see how confident I feel aboard the BMW next year and if not then I will sell that, bit of a shame as I have spent 2 years and a lot of dosh getting it to where it is today.

Don't think the Lambretta is for me as it does look a bit poserish - had a brief look when I was driven past on Friday on the way back from hospital.

Onwards and upwards!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

good luck and speedy recovery Chris.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Bikerbaker wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:41 am It would appear that I have more time in which to make up my mind over the scoot idea as I won't be losing the crutches this year. Bit of a dent in my planned visit to Australia, this year at least but at least I'm saving money sat sitting here. I will have to see how confident I feel aboard the BMW next year and if not then I will sell that, bit of a shame as I have spent 2 years and a lot of dosh getting it to where it is today.
I empathise, Chris. Best I can hope for following surgery is to be riding fit in the New Year ... right when it gets really cold and dank.

I'm also in a similar place with my W800. When I bought it, I treated it like I was going to keep it for ever, but we'll see how it pans out later.

Recover well, mate and maybe we can meet up at Rykas for chips when we're both two-wheel-mobile again. 8-)

Bikerbaker
Current Ride: Various

Post by Bikerbaker »

1 year on. It's been a long haul but finally there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Multiple hospital visits with no appreciable healing of broken tib and fib, attributed to my advanced years. 4 months ago the latest in a long line of docs decided to try an ultrasonic healing course (I had heard of this but been advised that the NHS don't promote it due to shortage and cost of devices). I was given an Exogen machine and told (by the advisor from Exogen) that the NHS do not pay for anything until the treatment is finished and successful. 10 months of 20 mins a day with a device a bit bigger than a mobile phone.

What a difference! I've ditched the crutches and can walk unaided although I do look like Herr Flick apparently. Not going back to hospital until April and no need for Physio as I have full movement of ankle and leg.

C90 is back on the road for short journeys on nice days, Dave Cooper rack going on the back of the Berlingo for further afield as now safe to drive a manual, will be keeping the Smart Car (auto) which I bought in March after nearly going stir crazy. Been looking at 500 MP3s to replace the BMW, quite fancy the Advanced which has reverse but will make a decision in the new year. Need to get my confidence back so slow and easy does it. :D