Greetings

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Killerunderpants
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Greetings

Post by Killerunderpants »

Hi there.
I bought my Xmax 300 in July (sorry it took so long to introduce myself) and have now ridden over 2600 miles on the wee beast.
This is my first foray into the maxi scooter world and so far, I am loving it.
As a lifelong rider of motorcycles, I decided in July that my 2005 BMW1200 (RT) was starting to get too expensive to run (over 80,000 miles on the clock). I was also finding that manouevering the bike in and out of the garage was also getting difficult (I'm a relatively young man in my early fifties but had too many near-miss drops). I borrowed an old Honda 250 scooter while my BMW was having some work done and loved it. I started to shop around and the Xmax seemed to have the best balance between performance and fuel economy.
So, here I am with the Xmax. I ride every day to work (never learnt to drive) and have a return journey of 20 miles although I do use it to travel between work sites. I'm averaging about 92mpg.
I have fitted a Givi rack and top box and a Givi tall screen (I have just taken this off as it is too tall and rain/ mist stick to it making it impossible to see through). I will see if I can cut it down by a few cm. It is a shame really as it really stopped the wind noise around the helmet.
I'm looking to install a dashcam and will be looking for advice on locating the 12v power outlet supply (I've bought the Y cable so I can tap in to a switched live but don't know where it plugs in - easy plug and play according to the website!).
Thanks
Barry

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Greetings

Post by muddyfox »

Welcome Killerunderpants. I converted to auto scooters after 44 years of motorbikes. Never regretted it. Wish I had discovered them years ago. Changed my standard X Max screen for the Sports Version. Smaller screen but the wind noise around my crash helmet has virtually disappeared. Wind now striking me more on top of chest and shoulders much like on a motorbike.
How are you finding the headlights now the dark nights are here ?

Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Killerunderpants

The headlights are dreadful. I often take country lanes on my way home from work and I think my bicycle lights are brighter!
High beam doesn't appear to do anything.
On the plus side, other road users can see me (even if I can't see them).
I'll have a look at the sports screen but I did find another Givi screen last night which is 10cm lower than the one I have (and it is smoked).

Deleted User 7142

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

Welcome to the forum and nice to see you are enjoying your X-Max.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Hello there!
2023 Honda ADV350 & Honda Super Cub 125

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Welcome fellow Xmax-er.

I won't have it said that the flicking on the main beam doesn't do anything: you get a very bright blue light on the dash dazzling you!

That aside, it's an excellent machine and 300 is the sweet-spot for your sort of commute (mine is 30miles each way, BTW). I'm getting 97mpg although in summer it was up around 105mpg.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome to MM
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Killerunderpants

StephenC wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:32 am Welcome fellow Xmax-er.

I won't have it said that the flicking on the main beam doesn't do anything: you get a very bright blue light on the dash dazzling you!

That aside, it's an excellent machine and 300 is the sweet-spot for your sort of commute (mine is 30miles each way, BTW). I'm getting 97mpg although in summer it was up around 105mpg.
Ha! Ha!

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome :D
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Bern

Post by Bern »

:) Hello & Welcome bud :)