Bronze Max hello

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
croyde

Bronze Max hello

Post by croyde »

Hi all.

Bought my TMax last summer after my Vespa went walkies. Brilliant for commuting and for touring but alas, as I live in London, my insurance keeps going nay rocketing up, despite being old and having ridden bikes for nearly 40 years.

It’s covered in so many locks and a cover that quite often it’s quicker to take the car.

Which brings me to why I am here.

Any other London owners finding that they can’t sell their TMax?

Had mine on eBay for 2 months but only chancers offering half what it’s worth, depsite mine being the lowest priced 2016 on there, and no luck on Biketrader either.

My Vespa has been returned to me by the police after a year in some robber’s hands, so I have no need for 2 scoots and would rather risk it with my now much abused Vespa 300 worth not much than the far too desirable Yamaha.

Any ideas folks on where to try to sell it?

Cheers.

Deleted User 7077

Re: Bronze Max hello

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Try it in for sale section on here. Just be realistic with price .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Welcome Croyde,

Try as Has been suggests (Don't be put off by the you only joined to sell nay sayers,I'm sure they'll post :roll: )

Sadly the scooter market is limited & London is your best sales pitch but any city owner like you will get kicked in the nads over insurance quotes.

As a buyer myself I also WONT even look at London based scooter sales as they tend to be nicked ringers, thrashed or generally shagged (not laying any of those to you but as an ex London commuter I know how hard a life mine lead) & tired of turning up to look at turds rolled in glitter- or pictures of washed & wet bikes to make them look a million bucks.

You best time was to PX in January when sales where lean and deals to be had. Also manufactures are now offering 0/2/4/6.9% deals which at £69 a month or less is affordable.

My own Silverwing has 'dropped in PX by £250 up to £700 depending on my purchase,though value back on course if I buy a new Suzuki DL650 on a % deal (dealer incentives).

Sorry to be unhelpful but also if you read the Forza 300 post here you can see what bargains are to be had from dealers so folk expect more private.

Have you tried Polish bike/scooter forums? many dealer PXs are taken by van back to Belgium & Eastern Europe as their prices are a lot dearer than ours in UK to start with.

croyde

Post by croyde »

Thanks folks. Interesting idea to sell abroad. I may as well look into that.

As to pricing. When I spent nearly 3 years looking at TMax prices I was always gobsmacked at how much they were commanding, even at 10 or more years old. Then are the sellers getting the advertised prices.

I bought mine from a dealer last year at £6500. It was the cheapest dealer bike I had seen until I realised that despite being a 2016 model, MOT not due until this November, and then still on the Yamaha warranty, it was a Bronze Max thus a pre 2016 model. No ABS or keyless.

Its only on 5500 miles and has just had a 6000 mile service along with new brake pads all round.

It has scratches on both sides due to the narrow gateway I have to squeeze it through to keep it safe.

I saw the same model at a dealer the other day for £6700 with a higher mileage. Obviously mines a private sale so I expect to sell a lot lower.

I'd be grateful if people would suggest a price to sell at. I had it up for £5500 but no takers.

Cheers folks

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Welcome Croyde. I'm always looking online at tmax prices, though I must have missed yours for some reason. Prices seem to go up and down like the price of oil. I did have a mk4 13reg bought from a dealer when 5 month old for £6k then sold it a year later for £5700. Then a mk3 12 reg I bought for £3500, I sold for £3650 after 8 months or so but I'd put a tyre and other stuff on that. So I have been lucky for not losing too much. My best buy has been my long term 08 Mk2. £3300 10 years ago. It's done 38k miles but running great and probably still worth £1500+
All private sales have to be £1000 to £1500 cheaper than dealers, for bikes around the £6k mark.

I think the problem you have is, although its a 16 reg it's an older model. I've seen 14 reg with ABS. Your price , is like you say , reasonably priced compared to dealers. But there aren't many people with £5k to £6k in cash. I bought my mk4 with a credit card , then swopped to 0% for a year. That cost me 1.9% (£114) so it did cost me quite a bit for the year but I was happy to have an almost new tmax for a time. Not everyone can afford to do this.
Your other problem is being in London. I wouldn't risk buying (or selling) anything down there :lol:

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Buy it Liam and I'll have the mk2. ;) ;)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Interesting suggestion by sp snr regarding polish forums.

I sold an R1200RT on eBay a while ago. It was bought quite quickly by a guy with an east European name. I noticed he was based, according to ebay, near London but payment was from a polish email account. All a bit “dodgy” I thought.
Anyway, I had nothing to lose, I had my money in the bank and still had the bike. After around four or five days I got a call from the chap who explained he’d be round to pick the bike up the following week.
After about 8 days he rang again, explained he’d been held up and would be along in another weeks time!
He eventually arrived in a very large van with polish plates.
Opened it up and it had about five or six bikes inside. He spoke good English and explained he owned a garage in Poland and bought a number of bikes every few months then came over here and spent a week picking them up from the various locations around the country.
He was genuine and said it gave him a good living reselling them back home.

So yes, Polish forums may be the way to go, good luck.