Truimph Tina

Need a part for your bike? Ask in here....
Scootypuff snr
Benefactor

Truimph Tina

Post#1 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 am

OK
I'm after a Triumph Tina ( for nostalgia purposes) but don't want to pay crazy (it's a classic only going to appreciate bull from e-blag sellers) as they werent that reliable out the box so dont suppose the passage of time has done them any favours.

The odd one comes up and I missed out on the last a few months back.

I might settle for an old vespa 50 instead
I'm going there,but I like it here,wherever it is

kayz1
Benefactor

Re: Truimph Tina

Post#2 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I am not going to say i chucked one and a half of them in a skip 8 years ago cos it may upset you..Sorry.
Lyn.

Jaz

Post#3 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:43 pm

The poor old Tina is a bit of a munter. Now, the Tigress... another kettle of fish entirely!

Dave Weller
Benefactor

Post#4 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Triumphs biggest mistake, it really is a terrible scooter.
Silverwing 600
CBF600S,
NT700 Deauville

Ralph

Post#5 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 am

Biggest problem I had with them was the starting early ones had a pull start
later they had a kick start that engaged a open ratchet that engaged teeth
on the back of the veriator that was a absolut pain, other than that they ran ok.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
icon_maxi_scoot.gif
URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/-x-max-300/2018/ralphm/747556]Image[/URL]

Scootypuff snr
Benefactor

Post#6 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Dave Weller wrote:Triumphs biggest mistake, it really is a terrible scooter.

it is.

I have pics of me riding my mum's aged about 7 years? and probably would have been mine if my brother hadn't blown the engine up.

I also rember it never starting hence the reason it probably would have still been left in the garage for me
I'm going there,but I like it here,wherever it is

Meldrew
Benefactor

Post#7 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 pm

I remember an uncle of mine getting a brand new white Triumph Tina back in the Sixties, I don't think he had much motorcycling experience and thought it would be the ideal for getting to and from work on. Anyway he got rid of it within a couple of weeks, the weight activated 'drive' switch in the seat caused him all sorts of grief.

Ralph

Post#8 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Meldrew wrote:I remember an uncle of mine getting a brand new white Triumph Tina back in the Sixties, I don't think he had much motorcycling experience and thought it would be the ideal for getting to and from work on. Anyway he got rid of it within a couple of weeks, the weight activated 'drive' switch in the seat caused him all sorts of grief.

The later ones had a toggle switch just behind the head stock but most were disconnected
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
icon_maxi_scoot.gif
URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/yamaha/-x-max-300/2018/ralphm/747556]Image[/URL]

Return to “Wanted”