Re: Meetup - Maxi Scooter Riders in Wellington, New Zealand

Post by maxiscoot nz »

Hey Spaceprobe its September now have a great trip in NZ

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

South Island is terrific but don't get stuck in the hold of the Interislander ferry when all the Harley gang fire up their unsilenced Hogs as happened to me when returning from the Munro Challenge!

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

I want to come to NZ to visit my Sister and would like to hire a Maxi while over for a tour. Anyone know of a rental company who does them?

I've heard of people who have bought a bike in the USA and then sold it after their trip. Could that happen?

G

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

maxiscoot nz wrote:Hey Spaceprobe its September now have a great trip in NZ
Hi max. yes off in just under 3 weeks on the 22 nd so starting to look forward to it. All plans now made so just need to pack and put some NZ dollars on my international cash card. Get that weather warm from me since I am not taking much in the way of winter cloths.
Maximum respect

maxiscoot nz
Current Ride: maxi

Post by maxiscoot nz »

Gerard C wrote:I want to come to NZ to visit my Sister and would like to hire a Maxi while over for a tour. Anyone know of a rental company who does them?

I've heard of people who have bought a bike in the USA and then sold it after their trip. Could that happen?

G
Maybe but this is not the USA
Firstly Gerard you can rent a bike here but it will be a crossover like a suzuki vstrom 650 or beamer.
Hate to think what the weekly rental would be.I could enquire as it will be intersting and can provide figures if you are serious.
Theres no way in this backwater with 3-4 million people that you would get a maxi.They dont exist.
However purchasing one and selling it after the ride could be a option as the difference in loss could be a lot less than the hire cost as long as you bought right to begin with.
What a good idea?
Let me no your thoughts as i can forward web site links for you to do your homework.
There could be a dealer with a over priced maxi that may rent it if you get my drift

maxiscoot nz

Post by maxiscoot nz »

newscooter wrote:South Island is terrific but don't get stuck in the hold of the Interislander ferry when all the Harley gang fire up their unsilenced Hogs as happened to me when returning from the Munro Challenge!
Happened to me also peices of shite :roll:

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

I am very serious about the visit and the riding tour. I spent a fair amount of time on Websites for 50cc runabouts. I hold a full license for geared bikes but if possible would prefer a Maxi as the Mrs is more comfortable with being on the back of a Scoot.

If you could find out any information then I would be grateful and it may interest others.

G

maxiscoot nz

Post by maxiscoot nz »

Gerard C wrote:I am very serious about the visit and the riding tour. I spent a fair amount of time on Websites for 50cc runabouts. I hold a full license for geared bikes but if possible would prefer a Maxi as the Mrs is more comfortable with being on the back of a Scoot.

If you could find out any information then I would be grateful and it may interest others.

G
Awesome will dig further give
me a couple of days

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

I would think those long stretches of empty roads especially in the South Island would make for a great riding tour. When I was last there touring by car, I was blown away by the stunning scenery and warmth of the locals.
Maximum respect