David Bartholomew bike crash direct.gov E-Petition

Post links to other sites here
gn2

Re: David Bartholomew bike crash direct.gov E-Petition

Post by gn2 »

XMax250Paul wrote:If Miss Carpenter was not on the phone... it may or may not of happened... but then she wouldn't of been on the phone, and maybe not driving without undue care and attention...
Its a very sad event with a great deal of fault on both sides.
It has already been publicly established that it cannot be proven she was speaking on the phone or holding the device in her hand.
Here's the junction in question: Linky and here's the crash scene: Linky
From looking at those my opinion is that the bike rider has a lot of the responsibility for causing this collision.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

gn2 wrote:
XMax250Paul wrote:If Miss Carpenter was not on the phone... it may or may not of happened... but then she wouldn't of been on the phone, and maybe not driving without undue care and attention...
Its a very sad event with a great deal of fault on both sides.
It has already been publicly established that it cannot be proven she was speaking on the phone or holding the device in her hand.
Here's the junction in question: Linky and here's the crash scene: Linky
From looking at those my opinion is that the bike rider has a lot of the responsibility for causing this collision.
It doesn't need to be proved she was holding the phone or not. The fact is she was distracted and not paying attention. Death by careless driving/driving without due care and attention blah blah there are a myriad of offences she could be prosecuted for. If this had been jo public I'm sure the CPS would have prosecuted.

I didn't post the links for an argument or debate, if you don't agree and don't want to sign that's fine too, it's your choice.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

rtfm wrote:I didn't post the links for an argument or debate, if you don't agree and don't want to sign that's fine too, it's your choice.
Well my choice is not to sign and to state that in my opinion the CPS have made the correct decision.

visfix
Benefactor
Current Ride: 06 Aprilia Atlantic Sprint 500

Post by visfix »

Non Timetis Messor!

RIP Pepsi

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I feel in this case gn2 has a point
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

just looked at link Uddens road is a side road going onto main road not sure who is at fault but using a mobile whilst driving I thought was illegal

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

Until such time as they ban all use of mobile phones, then in the lap is no different to hands free. There has been no evidence provided that she was distracted by the call and this was not the same as my accident in December where the woman did not expect an overtaking motorcycle and did not look. That is not sufficient for careless. In my case I was taking care in overtaking and was well below the speed limit.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV