Almost bought a bike yesterday.

Chat about any motorbike here.
MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Almost bought a bike yesterday.

Post by MjW »

My hunt for a second bike closes to the end. I went and tried the 2006 KTM 950 SM with Akrapovič pipes. Thought of just checking it out, but after the ride I was left very excited by it. So much that I canceled the meeting for a ride with a 2006 KTM 625 SM (the more hardcore SM option).

It was surprised by how easy it was to ride and turn around and I didn't notice the weight at all. As easy as a Yamaha XT600 but with a lot more of everything.

The guy was honest though, with telling me what service he did last year. Just oil and filters. Which left me wondering if he didn't do a proper service the year before either. He was asking for £4600. Thought of offering £4k and doing a proper 2 year service myself but I passed. Thought of collecting a bit more cash and go for a better taken care of, 990SM next year.

On the move with Tapatalk

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Almost bought a bike yesterday.

Post by kayz1 »

A tip for you..
My local dealer brings me the swing arms to repair WHEN the axle adjuster bolt snaps it's head :lol: all have been out of warranty and a new arm is £600-ish
Make it a yearly job to remove them both and grease them..
Lyn.
PS: i do not complain as he gives me £50 for each one i do :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

If I was an idiot with too much money, I'd probably end up with KTM in my extensive garage. They do sound such fun!!!!

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

i love the look of the duke ,the last ktm i had was a 250 crosser then a watercooled ktm motor in my anderson superkart ,both were reliable enough .

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

First geared bike I had was a CCm blackmamba, then I have done track days on a ktm 950sm my bike I traded in for my tmax in 2008, last year I had a new Husqvarna Nuda 900, love supermotos me, but very tiring going any distance on them, uncomfortable etc etc, great as a tool for the twistys but not an everyday machine, If I had to race myself on the twistys, I would say I would always win on the tmax I felt super confident on it and have been in situations where the bikes would have spat me off on the same roads.
Dezzie

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Gotta LOVE those KTM's...
Ktm_nude_motocross_naked_girl_biker_1.jpg
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)