cz jawa any experts in da house

Chat about any motorbike here.
rio
Current Ride: PGO t rex 125

Re: cz jawa any experts in da house

Post by rio »

Hi, the carb is a tickler type (jikov ) it doesn't have a choke. To start from cold you hold down a plunger on the carb top which pushes down the float and floods the carb. You then kick it over twice ,ignition turned off, to draw fuel in. Then ignition on and kick till it starts.!
You are not supposed to touch the throttle as the carb has a slow running circuit for starting.
Thats the theory .

When it does eventually start it does rev up on the throttle ok and with the back wheel jacked up on axle stands I can put it in gear at go up the gearbox.

The main issue is the initial startup and failure to tickover, as you say could be air jeak or carb blockage but I cant find either. I really need to swop out the carb to know for sure but they are pricey new and rare second hand.....

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

not sure if there are any of yours on the link to look through http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... b&_sacat=0
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

You could try having it sonically cleaned

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

rio wrote:Hi, the carb is a tickler type (jikov )
The CZ125 I had a couple of years ago was fitted with an Amal carb, which I was told by other CZ owners was superior to the Jikov. Mine had some bits missing, but I got a good, complete one from eBay for £15. Dunno what model yours is, or whether they'd be interchangeable but might be worth looking into if yours continues to be problematic.

rio

Post by rio »

Ok.. bike running hand over carb cuts
out so coupled with the crankcase pressure test being ok I think its not an air leak.
I have ordered a carb from the company in Czech that I bought the piston and seals from. It cost about 23 quid plus post be here in a week even though I cant find any problem with the carb I have to do something
So now I wait...

I..will keep you loyal watchers informed of the outcome.....

rio

Post by rio »

In spain on hols at moment but informed carb has arrived ok, will fit asap and see what happens. ?...

rio

Post by rio »

Back from hols , revitalised I hope.
Unwrapped new carb, sweet, fitted plumbed in and kicked........
Yahoo started first time, ticking over , a bit of adjustment and a test run........
Not so good , full throttle but revs just slowly dropped and bike cut out. No amount of kicking could get it to start. Pushed it home and left it.
Next day 1 kick started again , test run same fault.
It seems to fail after warming up

I am now totally sick of this bloody engine anyone with a cheap 125cc unit, the rest of the bike is great, veryclean full mot, no rust its just the engine.....do any other engines fit in, suzuki, yam honda etc any ideas ?

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Could be sparkplug breaking down under load or possibly the sparkplug "whiskering"
Have wheels, will travel :D

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Revs dropping slowly even with the throttle closed indicates air leak or cable is not letting slide close quickly or if you are not getting it snap shut I, I would suggest stretching the spring a bit . I presume the plug is good and of the correct grade . How far does it go before it stops and won't start ? Is it defiantly getting fuel from the tap ,as I have had taps that pick up shit in them and block ,yes they do clear after stopping and leaving . We had this on my sons er500 last mouth .

rio

Post by rio »

Cz saga continues
Starts ok, quick test run got up to 3rd gear when engine starts to bog down.turn throttle to full but revs slowly drop. While riding I reached down and pulled off the carb to airfilter bellows. The engine then responds to throttle with a throaty roar from the carb , I managed to nurse it back home. The area around the carb was covered in fuel spray. I put an axle stand under rear wheel , started bike and worked up the gears. When accelerating a fine mist of fuel was blowing out of the carb opening, is this normal.? Its as if the fuel is not being drawn into the engine properly which to go back to the hoover up the exhaust problem, makes me think I have an engine fault but god alone what it is and how to fix it.......