I'm never been one for motorbikes...

Chat about any motorbike here.
scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

Re: I'm never been one for motorbikes...

Post by scorpakid »

oh suprise..... tested on a closed circuit with no public..!

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Why do people have to have a go at bikers all of a sudden, WE are ALL bikers, some scooter riders wear leathers, I have been tempted to wear mine on a few occasions when I have gone for a sunday blast on my burgman. leathers are figure hugging and thus minimise wind blast, and even though I only wore boxers and a tee shirt underneath them, they are lined and very warm , when I went to birmingham and back on the FZ1s for a meet I was very surprised how good they were to wear, if you have ridden at 70mph+ and your jacket and pants have been flapping about in the wind and causing more noise and drag, just imagine NONE of that at 120mph ;)
You mean to say some people have NEVER taken the bike or car to its top speed...thats what straight roads are for, same as twisty bits are for bikes/scoots to lean at crazy angles.

Its nice to know the limits of your bike/scoot just in case you DO need to use them once in a while, of course its on a closed track, TOP GEAR dont do their high speed tests going around Milton Keynes roundabouts do they ?

If you havnt tried opening the throttle and holding it open......maybe there is something missing in your life, and maybe, just maybe doing so will put a smile on ur face and find those missing pieces, it makes you feel alive doing these things :)

Rant over.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Zero FXS

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Yep got my old bike leathers upstairs, but not the right cut for sitting bolt upright on a scoot, they are cut for a slight forward crouch.

Only opened up the VFR fully once, it was mental,
That bike was more than enough for me.

As for having even more power in reserve!...just seems a bit pointless to me.
But each to their own.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

And the speedo will be inaccurate at that speed. They didn't use a radar or GPS.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

R1K SU wrote:
If you havnt tried opening the throttle and holding it open......maybe there is something missing in your life

Rant over.
Really???
That sounds like the superior biker attitude I never liked.
Maybe it's the other way round!
You need to go that fast because there maybe something missing in your life.

All speed is relative.
I've done over 150mph when in the comfort of a plane taking off on my hols.
I've done nearly 75 on tuned lambrettas and Vespas on public roads in jeans, open faced helmet and a billowing Harrington jacket.
I did maybe 25mph on a mountain bike (I'm guessing ) downhill through trees and gravel paths.
So I don't think riding at 120mph in full leathers on a bike, as you yourself say... no drag, no flapping jacket, no noise,
would give me much more of a buzz.
I do agree that going through twisty bits is enjoyable.
Thats where the "open the throttle and keep it open" types get caught out !

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Mr Angry wrote: The rush, if you've ever ridden a bike at 150+ you'll know what the point is.

Yep, there or there abouts ;) ... FZR1000 Exup / 125 Rear Wheel BHP - :) :D :o :shock: - its at the point where you kinda stand still and everything starts to rush towards you - obviously the speed it happens depends on the width of the road, traffic etc etc, Private(ish) road, well the A2/M2, A20 and A21 actually... :oops:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I recon wev'e been down this discussion route before, but my feelings are, ZZR 1400- , you dont need one on uk roads. If I was going on a trip round europe , and was offered one for the trip, I'd have it. If I won the lotto , I'd have one in me garage defo, not because Ive got a small knob, or like hanging out with power rangers. I just think its an awsome machine, way OTT, but dont we all sometimes buy something we dont really need?? :)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

horobags wrote:I recon wev'e been down this discussion route before, but my feelings are, ZZR 1400- , you dont need one on uk roads. If I was going on a trip round europe , and was offered one for the trip, I'd have it. If I won the lotto , I'd have one in me garage defo, not because Ive got a small knob, or like hanging out with power rangers. I just think its an awsome machine, way OTT, but dont we all sometimes buy something we dont really need?? :)
What HB said above. I'm 63 in a couple of weeks and i've been there and done that, and thank God i am still around to report it.. :D
Like HB i would have one at the drop of a hat if Lotto came in..maybe i should start to do it :lol:
I still still love my scoots, i just happen to like bikes also..
Lyn.

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Thats the point, those of us that have had bikes, know what the power feels like and even though we have scoots now...bikes are fun to ;)
And when I said hold the throttle open, it was for ALL vehicles, I have also had a 2.0 turbo astra coupe and cavalier V6 , both did over 150mph, its just that it gives a buzz, some people can live with out it, me...i like a buzz ;)
Not attitude, just joining in with a discussion.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Zero FXS

Mr Angry

Post by Mr Angry »

^+1

That moment when you appear to stand still and the world unwinds beneath you is unforgettable and everyone should it experience once in their life IMO.