I'm never been one for motorbikes...

Chat about any motorbike here.
poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: I'm never been one for motorbikes...

Post by poldark »

Is this that right place to admit I'm strangely attracted to a Ducati Dievel, not that I'll ever have the money to get one.

I'll get off the couch now. ;)

Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Post by Zed »

R1K SU wrote:If you havnt tried opening the throttle and holding it open
Held the throttle open* at the last Pie & Mash - my life is officially fulfilled 8-)

But as others have said, speed is relative to the maximum grip/top speed of the vehicle. Doing 20mph in a home-made boxracer is far more scary than 20mph in a bus ;) I've been on autobahns at stupid speeds, and TBH my most fun is probably amateur rally-driving on gravel roads home in NZ at 30-50mph in super twisties. I wouldnt mind trying off-road motorcycling, but on two-wheels i'm a confirmed auto/non-gears man.

I also agree on not giving people agro for their choice of clutch/gear type. Auto gearboxes in Super sports cars? no-one calls them wusses for not having a proper gearstick, so why are motorcyclists so uptight about autos on two wheelers? Which then kicks off auto riders giving it back to them :roll: Live and let live i say. Of course there is no need for dayglo leathers which make you look like a power ranger - ever :kiss:

* 67mph - feel the speed baby!

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I would hold the throttle open until valve bounce on my old Triumphs, these days you are revving it up to the safe ECU mapping limits.
At my age I respect all the flowers laid by bikers bends, an indication that bikers are still ''on the throttle'' but at the wrong time, wrong place, wrong conditions.
Enjoy the ride, slow down, play safe.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

Post by scorpakid »

it should sell especially well when fuel reaches £1.50 a litre in the summer.... owners of these types of bikes..... hyabusa, blackbird etc etczzzzzzzzz

they all seem to have this superior manner about them coz they are on a fast in a straight line bike... that even my nan could blap down the a2/m2, a20/m20.... in a straight line....boring as hell...till you inevitably get pulled....

whatever top speed it does..and touring through europe whatever...you will not want to be cruising over 100mph for too long.... the concentration needed at this speed...and lookout for camera's, police ,traffic an road surface...its exhausting and not much fun....

in 2008.i rode back from isle of man to london late at night on me modest gsx750... cruising at just under the ton in the dark.... got back pretty quick but i was shattered...wind noise round the crash helmet and body.... its much more fun doing 55mph on a b road....

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

deja vu on this thread is kicking in. :)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Ok...Some of us like the OP video and think going fast is ok ( In a safe place and NOT in the dark, with or without GPS, Leathers, flat cap )
Some of the others think its way to fast and would rather go a lot slower and drink hot coco.
Mr Meldew....he thinks.....the world is doomed .
BUT...we ALL agree, biking is fun ( fast or slow )

And yes the Ducati Dievel would make a great scoot !
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

R1K SU wrote: Some of the others think its way to fast and would rather go a lot slower and drink hot coco.
icon_bleh.gif
I don't drink cocoa

But rather than blasting at 150 which anyone with half a brain and a big bike can do.
I'd get a real buzz if I had the skill to do this!

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

no disrespect but could the same not be said of the tmax?

Clive wrote:On our 70mph speed limit roads there is no point................................apart from nob value!. :lol:

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

jamie wrote:no disrespect but could the same not be said of the tmax?

Clive wrote:On our 70mph speed limit roads there is no point................................apart from nob value!. :lol:

???
I'm presuming thats a dig cos Clive rides a Tmax.
If you know about bikes/scooters, you'd understand there isn't nob value in riding a scooter, whatever make.

If it isn't a dig, why mention the Tmax? It isn't the fastest scooter.
Why not mention the Burgman, or Silverwing ? Or anything that can reach more than 70..
Had you been a 125 owner then the comment could possibly be fair but you've got a xevo 400
You ride that for nob value ?

No disrespect either but woe betide you, if you start maligning "The God, Tmax" :twisted:
Tmaxmen are very protective of the brand :D

I started this thread to highlight a pointless test of a large motorbike, flat out round a large track.
Some of the comments are going off the track

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Oh yes Jamie, i ride a TMax....the fastest scoot on the UK roads.................................................er not!

If i really open up my TMax i may be able to break the 70mph speed limit by about 25mph!...so i cannot even brag that my scoot does the ton....it wont!
But being able to break the speed limit by nearly 116mph does seems a little bit pointless....to me.
If i max my scoot out and get stopped by the plod, i may just be able to get away with out a ban.......Max the Kwak out, and your going down for 6 months!.
And how many weekend warriors are capable of handling that sort of power anyway.?
From my journeys around my area (Matlock & Snake Pass.....its 50mph anyway) on any Sunday in the warmer months, very,very, very, few.
So has i see it, it will something for a Kwak owner to use to brag in the pub/cafe, telling all the other WW, that it will do nearly 190mph!.
If they have the money to buy/run/insure the said bike, then good luck to them!................some of those guys will need it!,
I just hope they do not end up with a picture and a bunch of flowers at the side of the road,
Cos if they ride it to anywhere its limits (which most cant) on the roads, thats what will happen.

As Liam (my lad :lol: ) says, there is no nob value in riding a scoot....but it is good fun! :)