So i kinda get cruisers / Harley's now

Chat about any motorbike here.
SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Re: So i kinda get cruisers / Harley's now

Post by SpikeOne »

Actually, once you break it down to that sort of logic, most of us don't need anything more than an NSU Quickly, or a Norman Nippy, but we don't settle for that because, I guess, we want the buzz that you get from feeling ever so slightly out of control. Maybe that's where the "power" thing comes into play.
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

SpikeOne wrote:Actually, once you break it down to that sort of logic, most of us don't need anything more than an NSU Quickly, or a Norman Nippy, but we don't settle for that because, I guess, we want the buzz that you get from feeling ever so slightly out of control. Maybe that's where the "power" thing comes into play.
I think it's the old "mines bigger than yours" syndrome.

You (and GN2) are right nobody needs a supersport bike for a commute, in the same way noone needs a big 4x4 or pickup truck for the school run.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

With cruisers in general and Harleys in particular, bigger doesn't necessarily means faster. It often means heavier but a totally different feel to how the bike rides.

Absolutely correct though, nobody needs to have a huge v twin motor, or apehangers, rigid rear suspension or a rolling weight around twice that of a Burgman. It's just some folk want 'em, love 'em and Amen to that.