Close call

Chat about any motorbike here.
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Close call

Post by rtfm »

Mr Angry wrote:
rtfm wrote:The second rider shouldn't have ditched his bike, he probably could have stopped quicker with brakes than sliding on his arse!!
I ditched mine else it would have been head on and me flying though the air the length of the car and landing who knows how or where, choosing to throw myself off I landed on my shoulder breaking my collar bone but the bike slid on destroying the VW Polo. In my case it was an instant decision, and a damn good one I believe, as there was no time for prevaricating.
In your case, that sounds like a good call, I don't know if I'd have the instinct to jump (definately not if I have a pillion with me!!)

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

It would do every two-wheel rider good to spend time on a dirt bike playing hard in the whoop-dee-doos. You learn really quickly how to throw away the bike and tuck and roll or you break your wrists and your collar bone - like half the asphalt riders who crash and stick their arms out thinking that they can move the world with their hands.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Ferrit wrote:A single track road is a single carriage way
Nope, a single track road is one lane with passing places, a single carriage way is at least two lanes, one in each direction with lane markings and without a central reservation.
Quite different.

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

A single carriageway can have any number of lanes 1,2,3 etc. What you describe as single carriageway is a 2 lane single carriage way.

This site has some nice images to help (though it does not do the single lane carriageway)
http://www.abd.org.uk/know_your_speed_limits.htm
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

In that first vid the fault is entirely with the rider. He was completely blind going over the hump and hidden from the driver.

It always baffles me when people go flying into bits of road they can't see; even more so when they slow for blind bends but then go blitzing over blind crests. There must be something reassuring about a straight road even when you can't see a damn thing.

2nd vid, traffic stopped, somebody in high vis waving, truck manoeuvres - from a distance they look just like a chequered flag :?
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1