Full bike test

Chat about any motorbike here.
Kayos
Current Ride: Burgman 125

Full bike test

Post by Kayos »

So I've been off the computer for a while and been out riding my Yamaha YBR that I had since my old Burgman got written off. Bought the bike for about £800 off a friend of my grand father who also had a 600 cc Honda CBF I think it was, anyway I've been thinking about doing my full test now that I am out of college and looking for work it would probably be best for me to do it now while I have the chance to so then if I pass then I'd be able to travel on the motorway and what not. I've heard that the government now are bringing in a new system where the test becomes harder due to new/updated modules or something, so I was wondering what the full test is actually like before I decide to do it.
You can never silence the voice of the silent.

Deleted User 62

Re: Full bike test

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Welcome back :D
Test!...i aint got a clue. :?

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

Sorry don't know about the change. I did mine 2 years ago and it was quite easy mod 1 and mod 2, you can find on youtube.

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

No worries :P And yeah, it has been a while since I was last on the forum. Think it was back 2-3 months back I was last on or probably back around the time I had that accident, but anyway, cheers :)

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

You can find lots of full bike test vids on youtube, I know there are big changes coming in 2013, so best hurry

Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

Thanks man, will watch them now.

Watching the first video I'm thinking to myself that is going to be a slight bit hard when it comes to the Slalom. But then again I am living in an area where I could set up cones outside and do a bit of practice on that part, but I think though what I will have to do is to keep watching the videos and study them to a good extent. Very helpful I must add, some of it has already been explained when done the CBT so whenever I'm out and about on the bike now I will do it as if I'm doing my CBT. Bit of practice beforehand could be an advantage and could also gain a pass, just to ask though how much would the theory be?

Turisu
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman AN400 K8

Post by Turisu »

Current cost of the theory test is £31.00, I believe. Practicing the mod 1 made it a lot easier for me than it would have been otherwise. I downloaded a PDF of the course with all the cone positions and then replicated the parts of it I needed using rocks in a local car park. :D

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

Oh not bad then. That's something I could do as well, though unlucky thing for me is the fact that the car parking are in my local park has a lot of gravel -.- I know a lot of other places where I can do practice anyway.

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Don't forget that on the slalom you can take it as wide as you want, there is no limit. You can also turn in very late at the end of the bend which makes the avoidance squiggle almost a straight line.no point making life difficult. thumb.gif
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

Thanks man, will bare that in mind :)