Well I've just ordered a......

Chat about any motorbike here.
wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Well I've just ordered a......

Post by wozza »

New Honda NC700X in black. The DCT version. I know not all on here liked the DCT, but the bike I had a test ride on was a cracker. :D
SEAT MO

chippie
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-MAX MK3

Re: Well I've just ordered a......

Post by chippie »

wozza wrote:New Honda NC700X in black. The DCT version. I know not all on here liked the DCT, but the bike I had a test ride on was a cracker. :D
Begining to remind me of someone (H*****gs)

Earl
Benefactor
Current Ride: Mana 850

Post by Earl »

chippie wrote:
wozza wrote:New Honda NC700X in black. The DCT version. I know not all on here liked the DCT, but the bike I had a test ride on was a cracker. :D
Begining to remind me of someone (H*****gs)
HAHA! He needs to have few more bikes/scooters this month to win lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
It Is Better To Be Hated For What You Are, Than To Be loved For What You Are Not.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Well done Wozza! I hope that you enjoy the ride. I pick mine up tomorrow, albeit its the manual version.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

Let me know how it goes, I am really starting to get an itch for a new bike.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Yes I know what you're saying about ol'Horobags....lol. Well the Harley developed some very heavy vibes in the right hand foot rest which was making my foot go numb and then would tingle for several days afterwards. Even on my regular trip to Devil's bridge which was only 15miles away my foot would go numb. I had it looked at by Preston Harley under warranty and by a local Harley independent without any real success. In the end I couldn't take the vibes anymore. I was upset to see my Harley go, but a good deal was had with Lancaster Honda (who are only 2 miles from my house). I love the ride and feel of the DCT. The NC700 is a quick machine and I love it's low revs. It handles really well and the brakes are spot on.

The extra £800 is a lot. I sort of feel I'm more into muppets mode with an auto box. just wanted the DCT.

Roadrunner, let me know how you get on in the fuel consumption stakes.

Ferrit, yep I'll keep you posted.
SEAT MO

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Congrats, I'll look for your updates with interest as I'm thinking of the same bike though not for a year or so I suspect. :D

Roger - Richie and I were chatting earlier at the Ace and thinking about a little High Beech gathering at the end of the month, so we can dribble over your new machine. How are you fixed on Sun 30th Sept around midday, subject to half decent weather??
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

Congratulations. For what it's worth I'm just as bad as H*******s too. I've just ordered something new as well. I was all poised to look at the various Honda offerings, but what stopped me was the lack of storage. I'll start another thread. The French scooter magazines that I bought last month in France had an 8 scoot test involving the SRV, Integra, Burgman, TMAX but not the BMW. The Integra was mainly Silver on the podium, (seven testers) but one put it at Gold. High praise indeed. The TMAX 530 was awarded gold by the other six....

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Six gold tests, maybe it's a bargain at ten grand and should really be nearer fifteen? :roll: :lol:

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

poldark wrote:Congrats, I'll look for your updates with interest as I'm thinking of the same bike though not for a year or so I suspect. :D

Roger - Richie and I were chatting earlier at the Ace and thinking about a little High Beech gathering at the end of the month, so we can dribble over your new machine. How are you fixed on Sun 30th Sept around midday, subject to half decent weather??
Martyn - Would be nice to meet up again with yourself and Richie but unfortunately I will be on holiday that weekend. However, I am sure that we can sort something out, as I am convinced that we are going to have an 'Indian Summer'. In fact its going to start this coming weekend, so I am going to book a few days camping in Norwich to take in some of the local sites. Hopefully I will be taking the new 'toy' to see how it performs and to clock up a few miles.
Catch up with you soon.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!