Oh Mr Honda - confusion abounds

Chat about any motorbike here.
wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Oh Mr Honda - confusion abounds

Post by wozza »

Well all I can say about Honda and the delivery off my new bike.
At the beginning of the month I finally popped into my dealer and said I wanted a NC700DCT. The sales chappy looked at his computer and said "2 colours available for delivery around 17th Sept. I decided to go for a black'un.

Popped into dealer this week only to find still no confirmation from Honda - bearing in mind that I've now set up my insurance to start from the 17th. When I got home I contacted Honda and asked what was happening, they said they would look into it. Later the same day my dealer phones me and says that they've been in contact with Honda and they are sure it's a 99.7% certain for 17th.
Next day I receive a phone call from Honda saying the earliest I can get a bike is at the end of the month and only a white one at that...... other colours won't be available until the end of October.

So now I don't know what's going on...

Went back into my dealer this afternoon to find no salesman or sales manager in today and I will have to speak with them tomorrow........WTF?????
SEAT MO

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Re: Oh Mr Honda - confusion abounds

Post by Drago »

Thats not very good is it? With my SYM's I've had from new a DD50, Megalo 125, GTS 250
and Tonik i walked into the dealers, said I wanted one and a week later it's in. Well apart
the DD50 from the which was four days.

You'd think that at the Price and the actual size of Honda they'd have the bike in ASAP!
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

visfix
Benefactor
Current Ride: 06 Aprilia Atlantic Sprint 500

Post by visfix »

Not very good at all Wozz.

If t'were myself, I would demand a refund on my deposit/payment, and tell them to stick their bike up their arse. I despise poor customer service, and would make it a career to ensure everybody knew about the bad service they provide.
Non Timetis Messor!

RIP Pepsi

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Drago, I think ol'Honda has under-estimated the demand for the DCT versions, but you would think the left hand would know what the right hand's doing, but they obviously don't...... :?
SEAT MO

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

visfix wrote:Not very good at all Wozz.

If t'were myself, I would demand a refund on my deposit/payment, and tell them to stick their bike up their arse. I despise poor customer service, and would make it a career to ensure everybody knew about the bad service they provide.

Well usually Lancaster Honda have a good rep, but they should know what's going on.... The thing is they gave me a very good deal on part ex'ing my Harley and they are only 2 miles from my house I could walk there. It's just so nice for once to have a dealer so close to me, so I'll probably stick with them. However I will be quite firm tomorrow in expecting to know what is happening....
SEAT MO

visfix
Benefactor
Current Ride: 06 Aprilia Atlantic Sprint 500

Post by visfix »

wozza wrote: However I will be quite firm tomorrow....

PHWOAR!! icon_nsfbbk.gif
Non Timetis Messor!

RIP Pepsi

Fingers
Current Ride: Maxsym 400

Post by Fingers »

You animal wozza!! :evil:

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

I have my moments......... :lol:
SEAT MO

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Hmmm....you would think a company like Honda would know exactly where they stand with supplying machines...
SEAT MO

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

If you think that's bad you should try ordering a new car in the colour you want with the options you want. Our last new car (VW Golf) in 2009 took nearly 5 months from order to delivery - and that was the typical waiting time unless you wanted to take whatever they had in stock. I don't think I'd ever buy a new car again, the wait is unbearable! At least most bikes come 'as is' apart from a few dealer add-ons.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i