Do you have or have had a Honda Deauville?

Chat about any motorbike here.
JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Do you have or have had a Honda Deauville?

Post by JohnR93 »

Honest reviews/opinions good or bad please... ;)
No comments like - "My uncle's cousin's grandfather's pet dog's previous owner might have had one
after the war and did not like it ' cos it was Japanese." :twisted:

I thank yew. :)
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

macp
Current Ride: Gilera ST200

Re: Do you have or have had a Honda Deauville?

Post by macp »

A good friend of mine has one and believe me he would crawl up the exhaust pipe if he could when inspecting a machine.To say he is thorough when selecting a new machine would be an understatement. He recently went to Africa on his and it didnt miss a beat and apparently it was very comfy and he is about 6`2". The only grumble he had was changing the spark plugs which he said was a pain in the ass.Let me know anything you would like to know as he would be glad to help, he is just that sort of bloke.

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

I have just Purchased my 3rd Deauville after selling my 650 Burger so they cant be bad, this is the first 700 i have had so cant give much of a review yet, but the 650's were bulletproof, ultra reliable and comfortable, good on fuel at an average of 50mpg...ok not good compared to some scoots and bikes but bear in mind the DV is a big heavy machine which some would say underpowered! they are also very easy to work on with parts readily available and decent prices. if you fancy a ride on one let me know and we can meet up somewhere. 8-)

Maxman
Benefactor
Current Ride: XJ6s Diversion + X-Max 250 ABS

Post by Maxman »

Had a 650 back in 2005.
Good all rounder 1 up, but hard work 2 up.
Ran it in, straight after the 600 mile service, with a 200+ mile run to Plymouth, followed by 10 days chasing up & down the Picos.
Did about 14,000 miles in 18 months without a single problem.
Only thing to avoid is the Givi high screen, frightingly unstable over 60.

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

I had 700 model for two years before my knees caved in . Very under-rated, it goes where you want , it has adequate but not exciting performance, reasonable luggage capacity and above all it's a Honda ! It is however a pig to remove the rear wheel when it's needed.

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

Thanks for the replies Chaps, I am not after a road rocket so out 'n out performance is not an issue. As long as it can cruise easily at motorway speeds (on the motorway) I will be happy.

I have test ridden a Bonneville T100 which was nice but I can't live with the lack of storage or some weather protection (without spending an additional fortune). So I'm looking at other bikes now, I have seen a clean Deauville which I need to look at in more detail.

Watch this space... :D
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

In about 2008, some changes were made, the screen became adjustable, you push it forward from the bottom and move it on the runners then push it in to lock it,
I like the 650's, it was that model which was cheap and reliable to own.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

I had one for a short time, was comfy and cruised well. Fuel consumption was OK but nowt special. Had some transmission issues, sorted eventually by dealer. However, it had a very clonky gearbox and when warm my legs got boiling from engine heat, decided it was a bit boring and sold on.

Finish wasnt great, not the worse but not up to standard.