Update on the NC700 recall

Chat about any motorbike here.
wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Re: Update on the NC700 recall

Post by wozza »

Excellent news. On the NC forum a couple of chaps said that their dealers have now received notification.
SEAT MO

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

New chain fitted today, and service, thanks Doble's, next service is 8,000miles
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Good news there Dave. Mine's gone in for it's first service today. Also getting R&G heated grips fitted.
While I was at Lancaster Honda I looked at their NC700x DCT demo bike which I had several test rides on to find one of the RK chains fitted.
I mentioned it to one of the lads. It was obvious from his expression that they didn't know and hadn't checked to see what chain was fitted to the bike.....pathetic really.
SEAT MO

Dave Weller
Benefactor

Post by Dave Weller »

I found out yesterday, that Dobles looked at their stock of new bikes for one with a DID chain for me (I had asked for one), but none existed, so rather than risk losing a sale, they prep an RK chained bike. I did not mind really, the failed batch was a few months ago, and no new cases have come to light.
However, it was nice to ride off yesterday feeling that I should now have what I paid for, Honda, quality and reliability, So from Dobles I was soon onto the M25 feeling good about the world.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Excellent stuff Dave...... :D... Dobles appear to be a bit more on the ball than Lancaster Honda.
SEAT MO

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Dave Weller wrote:I found out yesterday, that Dobles looked at their stock of new bikes for one with a DID chain for me (I had asked for one), but none existed, so rather than risk losing a sale, they prep an RK chained bike. I did not mind really, the failed batch was a few months ago, and no new cases have come to light.
However, it was nice to ride off yesterday feeling that I should now have what I paid for, Honda, quality and reliability, So from Dobles I was soon onto the M25 feeling good about the world.
Easy Tiger, you be careful using the full beans now! :kiss:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Dave Weller wrote:Honda, quality and reliability
Yes and no.
Honda have had some truly appaling reliability issues.
As for quality the brand spankers NC I test rode had less than 300 miles on the clock and was already rusting.
My own two year old PCX hasn't coped well with being used as regular year round transport, the worst thing being rusty fork tubes which Honda declined to replace under warranty.
So my advice would be treat it liberally with rust inhibitors and try not to get it dirty...

Dave Weller
Benefactor

Post by Dave Weller »

Thanks for that advice, the bike landed in my garage on day one and before a couple of hours had passed, I sprayed the parts other bikers cannot reach. I have looked at the demo bikes left out all day and they do rust quickly, so the clutch arm, bottom yoke, upper fork legs, the dog bone legs, rear spring and damper, inner discs etc all got a coating of silicone spray.
I think the Scottish weather will corrode up bikes much more than the weather we get south of the Thames.
Thanks for the advice, I hate cleaning bikes.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i