Gravity 1, Ninja 0

Chat about any motorbike here.
wisart
Current Ride: Honda Nighthawk 650

Gravity 1, Ninja 0

Post by wisart »

My Ninja went down last week. That's right, she is no longer showroom perfect. Mad at myself because it was completely preventable and mostly stupid. I had stopped the bike to take a photo and as I was reaching around to my tail bag I could see her slowly falling down, collapsing on the kickstand. I tried to stop it but I was on an incline facing down and it just wasn't happening. I did soften the blow and only minor scratching took place. One scratch on an engine cover and a few minor scrapes along two edges of the fairing. I'm ordering some paint sticks that should touch it up, they are factory matched colors.
===============================
Dan

1984 Honda cb650sc Nighthawk (manual scootin')
2007 KYMCO Grand Vista (Sold)
2003 Honda Reflex (Sold)

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Re: Gravity 1, Ninja 0

Post by johnp »

Oops!
Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last, more annoying than anything else.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

Mr Angry

Post by Mr Angry »

I find the embarrassment is worse, having it damaged because it fell over instead of some miraculous escape showing your prowess as a rider of superb abilities. At least there were no witnessses.

wisart
Current Ride: Honda Nighthawk 650

Post by wisart »

Mr. Angry there were witnesses. Two people were walking by when it happened. Instead of offering assistance they crossed the road to avoid making contact with me and continued on their way.
===============================
Dan

1984 Honda cb650sc Nighthawk (manual scootin')
2007 KYMCO Grand Vista (Sold)
2003 Honda Reflex (Sold)

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

wisart wrote:Mr. Angry there were witnesses. Two people were walking by when it happened. Instead of offering assistance they crossed the road to avoid making contact with me and continued on their way.
bastards :shock:
Never instal version 1.0

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Post by nexusmaximus »

Well that example of the milk of human kindness is just what you need! Sorry about the drop, but most of us have been there or heart stoppingly close. :kiss:
Image Image Image

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

wisart wrote:Mr. Angry there were witnesses. Two people were walking by when it happened. Instead of offering assistance they crossed the road to avoid making contact with me and continued on their way.
My worst moment was trying to drive off with the front disc lock on my Dylan a few years ago. Outside the entrance of a busy supermarket. And then picking up up the broken front mud guard. I swear I must have been glowing red with embarrassment :oops: but luckily I had my helmet on.