Honda news

Chat about any motorbike here.
gn2

Honda news

Post by gn2 »

The CBF600N/F has been removed from Honda's UK range.
In happier news, the S-Wing 125 now has ABS as standard.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Honda news

Post by Dave Weller »

The S-Wing is all you need, that is, if you've got an NC700X as a backup.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

gn2

Post by gn2 »

If only the S-Wing was available as a 300...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

gn2 wrote:If only the S-Wing was available as a 300...
Yes..that'd be good. As for the CBF, I presume that Honda have decided there is no market for a standard 600, though they are producing a collection of 500s very soon which are under the 48bhp licence limit.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The 600 Hornet is still available, but I think Honda are seeing sense and steadily moving towards building some more sensible options better suited to the current market.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Dave Weller wrote:The S-Wing is all you need, that is, if you've got an NC700X as a backup.
And what else is in the Dave Weller garage..?? ;)
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

gn2 wrote:If only the S-Wing was available as a 300...
I've seen speculation that Honda are going to unveil a 300cc scooter (using the SH engine) at the EICMA show......only speculation though!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Maybe it'll be the new SH.
They recently updated the 125 and 150 giving them ABS, better engines and enough underseat storage for a full face.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

gn2 wrote:The 600 Hornet is still available, but I think Honda are seeing sense and steadily moving towards building some more sensible options better suited to the current market.
And amen to that. The race to the bottom with stupidly powerful impractical bikes for weekend summer riders has no future.

The commuter market has massive growth potential, both for motorbikes and scooters.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

rtfm wrote:
gn2 wrote:The 600 Hornet is still available, but I think Honda are seeing sense and steadily moving towards building some more sensible options better suited to the current market.
And amen to that. The race to the bottom with stupidly powerful impractical bikes for weekend summer riders has no future.

The commuter market has massive growth potential, both for motorbikes and scooters.
Part of the "sensible" approach is because the major growth markets are India, China & Brazil, where (currently) lower sized (and cost) bikes are needed. With Worldwide recession and lower available R&D budget we're likely to see reduced new models for smaller markets, which perhaps will soon include EU & US.

Guess I'm lucky to be past the big bike phase, so bigger choice in 200-400cc models (manual & auto) will be well received by me (if not MCN), provided manufacturers bother to import some of these new machines into UK, like KTM Duke 375.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)