Lit Motors C1 - The Future?

Chat about any motorbike here.
Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Lit Motors C1 - The Future?

Post by Bluebottle »

I think it is still at "proof of concept" stage and the bike in the picture hasn't been built yet.
The prototype looks a little less elegant and isn't anywhere near hitting the projected figures but it does stand up.

On the cornering thing that Normsthename mentioned I think it will be set up to "balance" rather than "sit upright" so that it will just sort the cornering forces/gravity together for you.

Personally I don't think I'm ready to trust not being able to put a foot down. Spiky rheostats and dodgy Hall sensors give me enough hassle aleady without lying down in front of a bus. I'd prefer to drop the gyros and have a narrow track trike version instead
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Post by TmaX9 »

It'll fail miserably as soon as there is even a rumour of one falling over due to a gyro failure. Buyers and even existing users will abandon it as there is no manual work around.
Look at the fuss that was made over a carpet mat getting stuck under a throttle pedal on Toyotas a while back. Something and nothing that happened in old cars decades ago and was considered a normal thing to happen and you just dealt with it. People are useless at dealing with issues these days.

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

Deeping wrote:bet there only available in left hand drive
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5