Not bad for a 750

Chat about any motorbike here.
wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Re: Not bad for a 750

Post by wozza »

kayz1 wrote:
wozza wrote:Lyn and Mark, you're making my bike look a bit juicy............ :lol:
I have ridden it like an old git ( Oh! sorry i am ) icon_pussy.gif :lol: thou, well for the first couple of tank fulls...roll on Thursday icon_power-ranger.gif

Well I haven't been just pottering around, though I haven't given it a damn good thrashing either. I would still expect mid to late 60s... I very rarely use the motorway, so my use is B and minor A road stuff.

It'll be interesting to see what you're doing say after 1000 miles...
SEAT MO

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Latest fill up gave 82.6 mpg. 980 miles showing and touch wood, all going well!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

road runner wrote:Latest fill up gave 82.6 mpg. 980 miles showing and touch wood, all going well!

Oh I suppose it's not too bad....... :lol: How are you liking it compared to your manual 700X?
SEAT MO

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

wozza wrote:79.6MPG -excellent stuff!! :D
That sounds really good... but (and there's always a but), :) what style of riding was used, how many miles was that figure over and was it urban, country or motorway etc? :geek:
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

JohnR93 wrote:
That sounds really good... but (and there's always a but), :) what style of riding was used, how many miles was that figure over and was it urban, country or motorway etc? :geek:

Well John, I haven't been on the motorway, but other than that it's a mixture of country and urban. I'm not sport bike rider, but I don't pootle about all the time either. I do open that throttle coming out of the bends. To give you an example on one of my regular trips to the Devils bridge I'll give the bike some beans, but on the way back I usually take on a more relaxed pace 50-55 mph. It's a pretty winding route I take so it's up and down on the throttle all the time.
I'm approaching the 600mile mark at the moment. As more miles build up I still expect my fuel consumption to be in the mid 70s.
SEAT MO

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Its about the same as a Forza does, I would say its excellent for a 750.

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

wozza wrote:
JohnR93 wrote:

Well John, I haven't been on the motorway, but other than that it's a mixture of country and urban. I'm not sport bike rider, but I don't pootle about all the time either. I do open that throttle coming out of the bends. To give you an example on one of my regular trips to the Devils bridge I'll give the bike some beans, but on the way back I usually take on a more relaxed pace 50-55 mph. It's a pretty winding route I take so it's up and down on the throttle all the time.
I'm approaching the 600mile mark at the moment. As more miles build up I still expect my fuel consumption to be in the mid 70s.
In that case, it sounds very economical for a 750. :)
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I really don't get why most of us have to put up with engines designed for racing where the best output, whether hp or torque, only appears at stellar rpm. Peak torque at 3500rpm or so would really benefit auto riders - my J300 spins straight to 5k rpm just pulling away normally. Why? It's just a criminal waste of fuel, let alone wear and tear.

So I award maximum points to Honda for showing the rest of industry what it should be producing.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

That is excellent MPG for a 750! Is it relatively flat where you live Mister Wozza?
StephenC wrote:I really don't get why most of us have to put up with engines designed for racing where the best output, whether hp or torque, only appears at stellar rpm. Peak torque at 3500rpm or so would really benefit auto riders - my J300 spins straight to 5k rpm just pulling away normally. Why? It's just a criminal waste of fuel, let alone wear and tear. So I award maximum points to Honda for showing the rest of industry what it should be producing.

StephenC hit the nail on the head. We don't need stella rpm for road use.
The new Honda 750 engine - whichever guise it comes in - currently offers the best balance of torque, MPH and MPG! 8-)
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Well I'm only just down the road from the Lakes. The bottom of Windermere is only 20 miles, so no not really. My regular run to Devil's bridge isn't particularly hilly though so a mixture of both.
If I was to use the NC hard I would pretty hard all the time I suspect fuel consumption to be in the low to mid 60s mark though I'm only guessing at this stage.

Yep I think Stephen is correct as well.... :D
SEAT MO