Helmet Cam Drift HD

Chat about any motorbike here.
pointburgman
Current Ride: BMW R1100RS Trike

Helmet Cam Drift HD

Post by pointburgman »

Well after reading the misfortune of Funky's accident, i decided to get a camera for the bike sooner rather than later, i purchased a Drift HD and i tested it to on a nice long ride in the country today. I recorded the whole journey, some area's in the shade and towards the sunshine, i could barely see where i was riding at one point, directly towards the sun and i must say everything came out brilliantly, you could see everything and the battery lasted for a few hours. I do have an option of attaching it to permanent power source There was a remote with this camera as well and i attached it to my glove for ease of turning it on and off. I also attached the camera to my crash helmet, rather than to the bike as i wanted the camera to pick up where i was looking, I forgot to put some video's up but i will on my next trip.
I am very impressed with this helmet cam, the camera lense is fully adjustable so it doesn't matter where you attach the cam you can always make the view level.
Thanks Funky for kicking me up the rear and making me buy a helmet cam sooner. Though it's sad to hear of your bad news.
Proud To Be a Member Of The Ugly Bunch

I Don't Discriminate, I Hate Everyone

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: Helmet Cam Drift HD

Post by michaelphillips »

wow thats a brilliant piece of kit, great how the camera lens can swivel .. the best a man can get IMO cant afford one myself :roll: yet devising ( nearly finished) a camera that has helmet, and three other mounts using go pro mounts system where i have a tripod attachment for the camera, and in total about £58 all in, its only a standard camera which is waterproof, and using for security at the mo.. nearly done and will post soon, the idea for the go pro mounts is i can use Muvi, go pro or similar HD cameras when i can afford to update it :lol:

anyways lad .. lots of vids pppppleassse :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

pointburgman

Post by pointburgman »

Hi Micheal, I'm out again today on another ride with a group of about a 1000 bikers so I'll take video's and I'll show some how i use mine. I've also put a bracket in the car so I'll get two use's for it. But to be honest you can use the camera for everyday things like parties/days out with the grand-kids etc. Its waterproof as it sits but not for immersing, there is a waterproof case for that lol.

Raven
Current Ride: Vespa SS180 - Kawasaki 1400GTR

Post by Raven »

There was quite a write up on action cams in scootering mag this month. They were saying one of the best places to mount the camera was on the helmet.

Been toying with getting one of these cams. At the moment we use a small handheld camcorder held by my wife on the back but it can be a bit awkward for her. I liked the sound of the model you have mainly due to the ability to be able to swivel the lens to get level orientation.

Would love to see some shots if you could post them.

Raven

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

this is my setup.. 2 helmets and three scoot locations .. just waiting for another gopro u bracket to arrive, as its all been adapter to work with the muvi waterproof case as i use the tripod mount screw to attach in each location spent £58 on everything and a 8gb micro sd included in this price, i only get around 50 mins recording battery time, yet this is adequate at the moment :D still fine tuning needs..
esily clips off and then place where-ever you put another mount

on the letf the muvi clip runner that fits the go pro curved or flat mounts on the right which attach industrial strength waterproof 3M curved adhesive tabs
below is the tripod part which i am awaiting a longer bracket for
and the waterproof housing what the camera goes in

working well just adapting, good compromise for safety use on a budget :D :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

I bought the GoPro 3+ a few weeks ago, mainly for scuba and snorkelling on holidays, but I may sneak a few vids on the bike if the wife doesn't notice, lol
I got the cam and a lcd back pack and a 64GB sd card, all from Argos, just as cheap as Amazon.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

pointburgman

Post by pointburgman »

Hi, Well it was a massive turn out on the Tamer Bridge, the whole bridge was covered in bikes from one end to the other http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23921780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In remembrance of a young biker that died after crashing into a tanker.
I have some video's with my drift camera so when i have a moment i'll post them, well shorter versions of them as I'm sure you don't want to sit and watch hundreds of bikes drive by lol

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Which Drift HD, please?
There's the discontinued but still available Drift HD 720 Action, the Ghost HD Action and the Ghost S Action.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

pointburgman

Post by pointburgman »

Hi, I was advised to get the 720 HD by a biker, he showed me the videos he had taken and i was impressed with what i saw.
The 1080 HD will also record in 720 by the 1080 uses the batteries up quicker. i used the wrist strap to attach the remote to my glove and added a little piece of Velcro to attach to the other side of the wrist strap.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Thank you! :kiss:
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch