New Gopro Hero Launched at £99

Chat about any motorbike here.
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: New Gopro Hero Launched at £99

Post by Funkycowie »

It depends on whether you buy from the OEM or buy a fake :D

The OEM should last just as long and be as good quality as that base model Go Pro IMHO.

The SJ4000 latest iteration now has Wifi by the way :)

Again rcgroups is your friend to find out the best info http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2090990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or dashcamtalk https://dashcamtalk.com/sj4000/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I know the Mobius doesn't have a screen, but if your phone has OTG you can play with the settings using the phone... and I can use a Video Out cable via USB from the Mobius to hook up to an external screen to set up framing.

But the main reason I love mine so much, is all these wonderful settings you have access to.

Basic Settings

Misc Settings

Mode 1 and Mode 2 - Lets you set up in two different ways how you want to record video so you can choose when out in the field.

Photo Mode

Advanced Settings
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

IVE had a look at that site and the cameras,most it is beyond me

syntec4

Post by syntec4 »

Gopro has better optics, processor and the sensor is bigger so the low light image quality is better. If you value image quality get the gopro. If you want cheap and functional get the möbius.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

the Mobius has lots of settings as you say, AND IF FOR MYSELF WOULD BE LOOKING MORE INTO IT :kiss: yet at 14 years old he will just want to press the start stop button on top of the waterproof housing, and use the front mode button to select via the lcd display what he wants the camera to do, the battery life is what he will need 150 mins and having the case will protect it more, when he`s doing his Parkour with his mates which can include obstacle courses, running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling etc or when he`s on his Penny board then all he will want to do is plug it into his computer and make videos to upload and share. i think you will understand that at 14, with his mates all with go pro`s it wouldn`t be proper for me to buy something which would most likely be better but would not fit into his STYLE :lol: :lol: and i only paid £69 myself yet i still think its good value with GoPro Studio software. and having Fixed f/2.8 aperture. which i have used on different sony products which use f/2.8 aperture to great effect, i couldn`t afford such luxury for my SLR
he will be happy at xmas and i have additional different mounts from my setup :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

ridinhigh wrote:IVE had a look at that site and the cameras,most it is beyond me
have a look at the gopro site, the ease of operation for us oldies might suit you better ridinhigh http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero/CHDHA-301.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :kiss:
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

Thanks Michael,
the chest mount is expensive at £32,,which is where im thinking of mounting it

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

michaelphillips wrote:the Mobius has lots of settings as you say, AND IF FOR MYSELF WOULD BE LOOKING MORE INTO IT :kiss: yet at 14 years old he will just want to press the start stop button on top of the waterproof housing, and use the front mode button to select via the lcd display what he wants the camera to do, the battery life is what he will need 150 mins and having the case will protect it more, when he`s doing his Parkour with his mates which can include obstacle courses, running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling etc or when he`s on his Penny board then all he will want to do is plug it into his computer and make videos to upload and share. i think you will understand that at 14, with his mates all with go pro`s it wouldn`t be proper for me to buy something which would most likely be better but would not fit into his STYLE :lol: :lol: and i only paid £69 myself yet i still think its good value with GoPro Studio software. and having Fixed f/2.8 aperture. which i have used on different sony products which use f/2.8 aperture to great effect, i couldn`t afford such luxury for my SLR
he will be happy at xmas and i have additional different mounts from my setup :D
Sounds like he will would like one that could at least do 60fps then, I know I would if I was fit enough for Parkour and wanting to show off my action in slow mo ;)

EDIT: I take that back, I was looking at the spec on one site and it did not mention about 60fps mode in 720p only 30fps in 1080p... but looking on the Go Pro site it does indeed do 60fps
ImageImageImageImage

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

ridinhigh wrote:Thanks Michael,
the chest mount is expensive at £32,,which is where im thinking of mounting it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-El ... 19f439e026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Excellent stuff - thank you for the info...:D
SEAT MO