First motorbike

Chat about any motorbike here.
Pjfdinosaur
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Re: First motorbike

Post by Pjfdinosaur »

Continued---Then came my Triumph 21 which I bought for about £60 and sold in bits off my garage floor for £120 as a project for somebody,then a break of a few yrs when I tried to grow up but it didn't work so I bought a kawasaki 400 which I think was a bit iffy when I bought it another break and I bought a Honda VF750 supposed to have iffy cams but never let me down in all the time I had it,then came my first big bike a beautiful blue Honda CBR1000f which I rode for a week then took it to my local bike mechanic to give it a service and a check over and received a call four days later saying it had been stolen along with another bike and a lot of his equipment so in haste as I was going on motorbike holiday to the Lake District I bought a FJ 1200 and what a bike it was probably my best ever bike but I was getting fed up with buying new chains and sprockets so TBC.

Pjfdinosaur
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Pjfdinosaur »

Continued---right now to my Yamaha Diversion 900 shaft drive and what a bike lovely to look at great to ride and no chains to oil a bit top heavy but non the less a lovely machine when I put it up for sale(I was going to at last give up motorbikes yet again) I sold it to a gent from Yorkshire and I nearly cried when he took it away,so end of motorcycle life lasted about three weeks and I bought a Kawasaki GPX600 from the Hull area it was the tattiest bike I ever saw but my EBay record was flawless so I kept it and what a brilliant bike I used it for work mainly and the fun I had was enormous used to sing all the way to work I enjoyed it that much but it still looked ropey so I bought a Triumph trophy 900cc triple a lot tidier than my GPX but not half as much fun,I kept it for a couple of yrs and thought I needed to downsize so I bought my first and I might add my last cruiser a Yamaha Virago 535cc I kind of liked the look but it had no power no top speed so I kept it for a couple of months then sold it to a bloke from South Wales who loved it,I the bought a CBR1000f again which I loved but after a couple of yrs my thighs used to hurt after about twenty miles so I realised I needed a change to my way of thinking and I thought how about a big scooter I had seen them about and I was beginning to look at them more in car parks and up the Ponderosa Cafe so I bought a Suzuki Burgman 400 after looking at a couple of others from a Gentleman nr Stoke and I must admit I love the way it goes but still can't really understand how it works but hay ho I am enjoying it immensely so watch this space.

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

My first bike (in 1971) was one of these, bought from Jim Sandiford's in Bury.

AC 100 Wolf 1969
Engine type: 98 cc air-cooled air-cooled single cylinder 2-stroke. Rotary valve. 10 hp/ 8,000 rpm, 6.80 lbs-ft/ 7,500 rpm. 5 speed transmission.
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

The first legal moped was a purple fsie , the first motorbike on the road was a honda cd175 from then on its got to be close to 70 machines .

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ferret wrote:The first legal moped was a purple fsie , the first motorbike on the road was a honda cd175 from then on its got to be close to 70 machines .
we must drink from the same well. :P :lol:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

CZ 125 awesome after a Garelli moped!

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

my first motorbike bought at age 16 in 1958, was a BSA 350, then swapped for a ES2 Norton 500, which i passed test on ,and it was cold that just starting to snow

Pugwash57
Current Ride: nmax 125

Post by Pugwash57 »

rd200.jpg
Rd200 1974, bought it with a buggered cylinder £40.

Dad bought it back to life, sold it a few years later for £180 as girl friend wanted a car, still miss it.

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

ZOOM ZOOM GRANDAD1 wrote:I hade one of these in 1975
puch 50 SPORT :P
Mine also in 1972/73, with pedals and look even a bicycle hand pump!
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

Black Wing
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 L4 Black

Post by Black Wing »

Honda C70 1979.

Two up!

Minus the front basket! :D
Ken.

Experience is something I only ever get a second after I really need it!