NC750S

Chat about any motorbike here.
spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Re: NC750S

Post by spaceprobe »

We will never know about long term loan bikes since SYM's have rock solid reliability and no recalls he he. My SYM dealer is in the middle of nowhere so they either provide a geared loan bike for servicing or give you a timed slot so you can wait whilst the bike is being serviced. I agree with GN odd that brake pads were not in stock but then looking at one of my friends new Honda Civic one as to wonder what as happened to Honda's quality control.
Maximum respect

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

gn2 wrote:
Drago wrote:Would you honestly buy another Honda after having two of their machines requiring warranty work due to poor quality parts?
Yes.
Drago wrote:SYM dealer and loan bikes... Can you prove then that not one SYM dealer in the whole country provide loan bikes?
Not interested in the whole country, just the dealer nearest to me.
Which is out in the arse end of nowhere and probably doesn't even have a Joymax in the showroom never mind a demonstrator.

Don't know about you GN2, but i will be *issing my self with laughter when one of these Sym scoots stops working :lol: mind you i don't think any of them will have the balls to admit it after all the hype we have to put up with.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gn2

Post by gn2 »

We are not fooled, there are tales of warranty repairs and recalls for Sym scooters if you care to look for them.
Also to be found are tales of dissatisfaction at how long it takes to get issues sorted.

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

We will see he he

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

Go to 2007 and before and if you mentioned SYM, even on here, 90% of the replies were...

Unreliable, Chinese crap, takes months to get parts, get a Honda, cheap junk... Blah Blah.

Honda: rusty CBF125, SH's stalling, Forza recalls, PCX centre stands falling off. Now surely the great Honda
in 2015 can produce a vehicle without issue? They may fix the issue without argument, but still these
issues should not be there in the first place, especially from a big and long established firm.

Gn2 has often tried to rubbish the Maxsym 600 by claiming it has poor mpg... Giving 'facts' to prove his point that
proved the exact opposite? Went quiet though when I pointed this out...

I did like Honda, bar the price the scoots were fine, but now... There effort to lower their prices to compete
with other eastern manufacturers has clearly resulted in a loss of quality control.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Don't remember you proving that about fuel consumption?
What I do remember is that you compared it to the original Silverwing rather than the current one.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

PS: i am not knocking Sym scooters my mate sells loads of them, it is just you lot going on and on and on about how good they are, and it's not as if it's loads of people, just half a dozen of you...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Sym scooters may be considered by some to be as good as the big four, but its things like kph speedos, poor dealer network and aftersales which makes the sales figures \what they are.

Raven
Current Ride: Vespa SS180 - Kawasaki 1400GTR

Post by Raven »

What ever happened to that SYM UK guy :?: :?: he was big on here for a few weeks/months. Don't see anything from him now.

Did the SYM road show ever go ahead :?: or was it all just wind & piss :!: :!:

Raven

gn2

Post by gn2 »

He popped in recently.
Don't think there has ever been an explanation as to why the roadshow didn't happen.
Its a shame, I was looking forward to a jolly to lay hands on such rare beasts as the Joymax and Maxsym.
I have to content myself with occasional fleeting glimpses of the one Joymax in Aberdeen.
It only seems to come out on sunny days, haven't seen it for months now.......